Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my rear bushings(urethane) on Steeda sway are starting to squeak. I really don't want to take it apart to grease them.
I was thinking to spray them with WD-40. Is that a good idea? I'm afraid it's going to dissolve the remaining grease and make it worse.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
WD40 weakens plastics over time and is not adviseable for use on any bushings. It will get rid of squeaks for a while but it won't last. The best thing to do is just take it apart and use the grease that you should.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^^Thats what I have done from time to time over the past year and a hlaf on all my poly bushings and still no squeaks...I have a small squeak/ swinging noise in my rear....not sure what that is though. haha

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I really wouldn't spray them with WD-40. It wouldn't last long in the elements and it would attract a lot of dirt and crap. I would use regular chassis grease (something I'm new too, lol).

I haven't greased my bushings, though they're brand new. I really only takes a few minutes to remove them. I believe it's a 14mm?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhhh... that is what i was afraid of, i hate taking it apart. It's really hard to bolt it back together, particularly top bolts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^Thats what I have done from time to time over the past year and a hlaf on all my poly bushings and still no squeaks...I have a small squeak/ swinging noise in my rear....not sure what that is though. haha
Do you have steeda sway? I also noticed this small squeak/ swinging noise on large bumps. That is why I'm thinking it's time to grease it again.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
dirtbrown;2396344I have a small squeak/ swinging noise in my rear....[/QUOTE said:
I'm not sure I would have told that.... [poke]

·
Registered
889 Posts
just take them apart.. i forgot to grease mine at first and had to take them apart, took me maybe 20 mins at most

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I've never greased mine, but maybe I should. No squeaky squeaky. The instructions never said I should anyway. Full prothane in the rear. (lol)

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Are we talking about the endlink bushings, or the bushings that are up against the subframe?
I greased the ones that are up against the subframe, but not the endlink ones.
No noises from mine, and I've had mine on a few months now.
Are the endlink ones supposed to be greased?

·
Registered
889 Posts
i dont think end links should be greased, but for the sway bar bushing, some come degreased and some you have to grease before installing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts