Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum-Folk!!! :) New member here.

I recently purchased a 5 speed 2002 Focus ZX5 with 106k km (65k miles)

I am really happy with it, it's used but I feel it's in great condition.

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
[welcome] to [ffrocks]. Great car to mod & low mileage too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
^Thanks! I really want to get a better suspension on it, and I am on the hunt for the SVT suspension.

I was really surprised, I expected the engine to be a reman or replaced, but it was original!

w/ my magic bag
No reason to replace the motor at 65,000 miles. Do some basic maintense & it'll last you for years & many miles. Checkout the vender's section for your suspension mods & other parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
No no! I don't want to replace it!!! I was saying I was surprised that after 12 years there was only that many miles on it, I was expecting that it WAS a reman/rebuild! But it was all original! :)

Registered
Gravey, search around I spotted someone selling a svt suspension package for like 100$. I'm not sure what shipping would be. And you have a nice blank canvas there to make your own.

Registered
Welcome! I think you'll find this place a very great area for tech support, mod ideas, and just some great people to talk to!

Registered
Just got something: what's up with all these people that get hatches model years older than me that have less miles? Hmm...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I searched for a while and turned down a bunch of cars. I almost didn't get this one. Lucked out because the girl who got to it before me ended up being afraid of the stick, backed out and the guy called me and told me it was mine if I wanted it. My win!!!!! :)

Registered
We bought mine for my mom with around 30k on it in 06. Over the course of 8 years we've put over 80k miles on her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts