Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I ordered my white titanium today. debated about the graphics package since it looks neat on the hatch in the brochure. But I can't find any other pictures. Anyone have non promo pics?

Also, my dealer will install tint for 299. Worth it to let them do out versus an outside company?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
299 for tint is high. i spent 220 with a free UV upgrade.

·
Registered
472 Posts
299 for tint is high. i spent 220 with a free UV upgrade.
299 being high is entirely dependant on which tint they are using. 300 seems to be about standard for pinnacle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just had my ZX5 tinted with pinnacle all windows and the windshield(97% transparency) for 300. Id ask some local tint shops for quotes before using the dealer.

P.S. some of the worst tint jobs ive seen have been dealer installed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used to work at a tint shop and we tinted sedans for $99. SUVs for $150 (8 years ago). We used good tint that never faded or purples. I'd be skeptical of paying $300. And btw, all tint has UV coating; that's what it is designed for (factory smoked glass most likely doesn't have uv coating). Darker tint doesn't have more uv coating either. The darker tint is more about concealing your interior than blocking the sun. It does shade your interior more and drops the internal temps but not by much. The lightest tint will do a fantastic job keeping your car cool in the hot sun.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
a free UV upgrade??? haha
blocks UV and wont fade. lifetime warranty

Solar Films block out up to 99% of harmful UV rays, which damage your skin and the main cause of fading to carpets, seats and dashboards

the UV upgrade was to a better film made by Llumar and not the cheaper film they use.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Has anyone installed those pre-cut tint they sell on eBay? Any good?

·
Registered
57 Posts
blocks UV and wont fade. lifetime warranty

Solar Films block out up to 99% of harmful UV rays, which damage your skin and the main cause of fading to carpets, seats and dashboards

the UV upgrade was to a better film made by Llumar and not the cheaper film they use.
As stated a few posts up, ALL WINDOW FILM BLOCKS UV. Even the cheapest film made has uv rejection ratings over 99%.. there isnt an upgrade on UV, in other words.. there are definitely upgrades on window film itself, as far as quality of product or materials, maybe thats what you are referring to?

Window film prices vary WIDELY from state to state, the best advice is to do research on the material you want, and then shop locally for the best price.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
As stated a few posts up, ALL WINDOW FILM BLOCKS UV. Even the cheapest film made has uv rejection ratings over 99%.. there isnt an upgrade on UV, in other words.. there are definitely upgrades on window film itself, as far as quality of product or materials, maybe thats what you are referring to?

Window film prices vary WIDELY from state to state, the best advice is to do research on the material you want, and then shop locally for the best price.
YES. that's what im saying. maybe didnt word it right the first time for you. being in the auto business for 10 years, i assume to much.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the info on the tint. Any thoughts on the factory graphics package?
[thumbd] if you spend money on that sort of thing, make it your own at least

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the info on the tint. Any thoughts on the factory graphics package?
I personally think it would look great. But don't go by my taste, go by your own. Your the one who's driving it at the end of the day. [burnout]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, mostly I'm looking for a good pic of the thing. It looks nicer than any I've seen on here, and I'm incapable of imagining anything cool. I like that the factory graphics start low and swoop up the sides - they're not just a straight line. But until I see a pic not made by ford, I ain't buying.

·
Registered
472 Posts
well, mostly I'm looking for a good pic of the thing. It looks nicer than any I've seen on here, and I'm incapable of imagining anything cool. I like that the factory graphics start low and swoop up the sides - they're not just a straight line. But until I see a pic not made by ford, I ain't buying.
I like the idea of the graphics but nothing that ford has even starts to float my boat. I will be looking into it after i get home, see the car in person and do some heavy duty thinking on what I really want on there. something in yellow I would think would look good on a sonic blue

1 - 17 of 17 Posts