Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pre-ordered, and purchased a PS4 promptly when the game arrived Tue. Immediately I had a 12.65GB download to perform which took up most of the first night. Some people might be able to download it faster than the 2 hours it took me, but my bandwidth gets sucked up by family once everyone comes home.

The first difference I noticed was that each car's dash layout is different in the driving mode I use which is basically the road in front of the car with a HUD for gauges. This will please purists, but people like me who just want to drive/race might find some confusion when switching cars. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Brand Central, which is where you can buy cars now is very limited. I didn't see as many cars as I thought I would find. I guess those will be unlocked as I progress through the game. I certainly hope so, because such slim pickings is not what I'm used to. I didn't see my classic cars either- which is very upsetting at the moment. Fans of this game waited a long time for this release, and yet it seems to be lacking.

What did interest me is that there appears to be quite a few more world tracks than in GT5 or 6. I haven't explored enough yet to be more specific as I always start this game by going through all the early tests until I get gold medals on all.

I had a glitch/fail. The game saves your progress online so you can compare with others and about halfway through Driving School, it stopped connecting to the internet. If this happens to you, restart the game before you continue. I did not, and lost about 2 hours of game play. It is possible that the GT7 servers were down for maintenance as one of the messages told me, but did not come back on before I went to bed.

The graphics are much more impressive and realistic than GT6, but that is to be expected when switching platforms. It's comparable to CGI only movies.

More to come later, and I'll let you know how reporting my glitch/fail goes and if it returns after work tonight.

The cars seem to drive similar to GT6, but I'll know more once I get into things where I can modify more than traction control and ABS. One serious gripe I have in Driving School is that the on screen prompts at the start of the trial take up a lot of screen real estate blocking the view of the road before the trial starts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Glitch problem has still continued with me. I switched to project cars 2, I believe it to be a better overall game. Although I think that GT7 has the better graphics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts