Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a tunnel car wash today and upon existing the tunnel I found out that my navigation is out of sync. It seemed to be back to normal again when I was driving home from work except the icon was slightly behind the precise location (now think about it, I'm not sure if this is normal or not since I never paid attention to the exact location of the pointer until now). So my question is: is there a way to calibrate the GPS?

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are many things that can affect GPS accuracy. Weather, Geomagnetic instabilitys, and even large buildings. It happens, don't worry about it unless its happening a lot. Generally GPS units can't be calibrated as they can only use the info provided to them by the satellites and differential beacons.

·
Jetsetter
6,660 Posts
when going to an exact address unlike an location i.e. store, the actual point may be slightly off from the location, this is common among gps units when using exact address numbers.

example when going home, my garmin nuvi shows home about 300' before my actual driveway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts