Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this located, how do I remove it safely so my car still runs right? No point in these performance mods if I got this thing holding me back, right?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
yea what matthewstetz said, its in the ECU and you need to remove it with a chip. Wayne is one of the best tuners and has great customer service. Not the only but i strongly recommend as ive had nothing but positive experience ordering thru him.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who's Wayne, whats a tune, and what sort of chip? Is it one of those $300 diablo type chip deals you're speaking of?

·
Registered
244 Posts
its like $275 for an xcal 1.0 or $375 for an xcal 2.0. this lets you tune your car so that your performance parts will work better together as well as remove the govenor.

·
Registered
958 Posts
think of a chip but instead of installing it on the ecu, then whenever u need to make a change u have to remove, reprogram, and re-install...the x-cal just plugs into ur obd-ii port and reflashes the ecu...its a lot faster and a lot easier to deal w...and besides...how often do u plan on running up to 110 mph and/or 6850 (?) rpms?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, @ $400 it will be awhile b4 I go for all that madness. I spent so much $$ on my Foci in the last 7 months, I gotta restock on dollas. & I almost hate to spend so much money on something that really isn't gonna make a 2.0 much faster, it's just not a fast motor. Unless of course it's completely tweeked to the max, thousands of $. I seen one in Super Street National that was 400 bhp. But who has that cash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well, do some reaseach on the xcal2 cause i think after tuning your car you will see the diference, at least that is what i have seen on the forums

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
you have a decent amount of mods, a tune would definitly free up alot of power still there, your throttle response would be better, and the car will just feel alot smoother too. Definitly get a tune since you got that many mods. Youl notice a difference after it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts