Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to my friend who has an elantra and he says he had a wire in his dash that he cut to turn his governer off.do us focus folks have one also?id like mine to not have one anymore.

john

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey yo, i heard someone on tha site saying he knew were it was, if remember correctly its behind tha speedo, theres two wires. one coming from tha output shaft sensor to tha speedo and one leaving tha speedo to the PCM.. there both tha same colors wht/ blue i think... just clip the one going to tha PCM. if you clip tha one going to tha speedo you wont know your speed,hmmm makes sense, but if you clip the one going to the PCM the PCM wont know your speed......sounds good....have yet to try it, if anyone does LET ME KNOW THE OUTCOME.
[email protected]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Isn't a governer and limiter the same thing ?

A governer was a term used on older cars which had something mechnical that limited the speed and now we just have a computer do it but basically they do the same thing using different methods.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I too thought that the governer and a limiter are the same thing. How is it different?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts