Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
agreed

Why are you wnating to hit over 110? Is your car lowered, can it handel a turn at that speed without fliping?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
dude, i hit a wall at 90+ miles per hour (probably more like 100+ miles per hour) on stock rims and tires and suspension. i spun a circle hit another wall and stopped, i was doing a good 60+ mph sideways and not once did it feel like it would roll.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Was it a hatchback focus on stock suspension?

If so you got lucky b/c the hatches have a higher rollover risk.

·
Registered
301 Posts
SES? I think those of us with the SES trim have "euro inspired suspension" I think they only add a rear stabalizer sor something like that. 8)

·
Registered
859 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
dude, i hit a wall at 90+ miles per hour (probably more like 100+ miles per hour) on stock rims and tires and suspension. i spun a circle hit another wall and stopped, i was doing a good 60+ mph sideways and not once did it feel like it would roll.
Thank you Mr. Newton for an even better reason why:

"You really should only be going past 80 on a track. Even then, you need adequate tires/brakes to control/stop yourself."

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol...people crack me up. thank you for being the forum dad

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
EricR said:
Thank you Mr. Newton for an even better reason why:

"You really should only be going past 80 on a track. Even then, you need adequate tires/brakes to control/stop yourself."
well let me tell you something........

i learend from experice.

i was a stupid 19 year old kid

i lied to the cop about it, said i got cut off

no i know not to be going 90 mph around a turn in the rain :)

and btw, the car that i did that in was the S

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those are all good numbers. Might be fun stateside, but try doing 210kmh (little over 130mph) on icy roads in germany...very scarey, even in the summer...really scared my wife to death.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
sct got that anoying thing out of my way

·
Registered
90 Posts
next time some stupid punk ass kid comes on here and the first thing they ask is "how do I get rid of the governer?" tell em to F off. my god. 110 MPH is fast enough you dumb tool box.

Jake

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you do remove your limiter and you do take it up to beyond the limiter, don't be an asshat and do it on stock tires. Be sure to have appropriately speed rated tires. At least V. Most Foci won't do more than a V tire will be capable of (149mph).

And don't be stupid either. I don't wanna read about someone in the papers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts