Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Gotta Love Ford Dealerships: 7 months later and the joys continue

625 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rfinger 
#1 ·
After my last trip to a Ford dealership for the rest of my life, the surprises are still popping up. Today I had slated out to run an oil change and that be the end of it . . . however last week my clutch started burning up when I was in 6th gear at highway speeds. Seemed like an odd point for slipping and burning to occur.

So I went out and bought all the necessities for a full tune up, get my tranny drained and low and behold, those [:)][:)][:)][:)]bags forgot to refill the transmission with oil. There was less than 1/2 quart that drained out, and I had the back wheels on 18" ramps.

Needless to say all is fixed now, and low and behold my clutch no longer starts to make a stink at freeway speeds under full throttle. I also got around to removing the shifter's counterweight while I was down there, WOW. Talk about an improvement. That's how a shifter should behave

#3 ·
I just brought my SVT in to have the Clutch/flywheel TSB done for the second time and got a call later that day from the dealer saying that they checked the oil as called out in the TSB for the first step and found that it was low. They put a little over 2 quarts in and said it seemed to not be making the nose anymore!!!

I just bought the car a week ago, but have a friend at ford who gave me the history of the car service. Back in DEC 05 the TSB was done the first time, and since 3500 miles have been put on it. I thought it was weird that it would be bad again. Then after hearing there was no oil I asked if they saw a leak, but no signs of any leak. I guess the dealer forgot to put oil in after the last TSB service[mad]

I;m thinking of calling ford on monday to see what they plan to do about this. THe tranny feels fine now and doesn't seem to be making nearly as much noise as it was before, but I'm concerned about the long term damage done from running it with no oil for 3500 miles.

#6 ·
it makes the car shift with less effort, and it feels more crisp, like a mechanical smooth sliding motion with a satisfying click as it goes in and out of each gear, instead of the soft spongy shit we have from the stock setup.

#7 ·
terrasmak said:
stuff like that is why i do all my work myself
i was foolish enough to pay extra for premium care, what a waste of money. after one last stint in january where they tried blaming a bad coil and not cold starting on my air intake, i said [:)][:)][:)][:)] ford permanently and have done everything myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.