arite catback lovers ... heres my two options for the sedan

1) Trubendz w/ borla 2.5in. for $360

OR

2) the genuine Magnaflow catback (15697) 2.25in. for $372

please help me decide guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i just put my trubendz borla on last week and i love it! that extra 1/4 inch will help out a lot after i go FI

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I like magnaflow but I would rather have the 2.5". So I will vote borla!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Borla hands down, you won't find a nicer sounding exhaust. the only thing that "could" be better is a custom exhaust.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Get the 2.5" trubendz borla. I have it on my sedan and it sounds absolutely amazing.
Just make sure you specify that its for a sedan in the comments section when you
are checking out on the trubendz site, and they'll send you the correct length for the sedan.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Get the trubendz. I love mine. Is sounds awsome. I just wish I had bought the 2.5 instead of the 2.25. I'm now turboed and kinda regretting the smaller exhaust.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Borla, because I have to only choose 2.

From my experience Magna Flow welds are not to great. Borla seems to have a better quality control and their welds actually penetrate.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Definately Borla. My trubendz kit was a little too short for my car, but nothing an exhaust shop can't fix.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'preciate it u guys are great im going with the borla real soon ... sigh, then its svt header/cat/flex if i'm lucky enough to find all 3

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quick question ... should i go with 2.25"?? cuz I'm never gonna go FI and it'll prolly "match better" with my stock manifold right now and later when I go with the svt conversion as mentioned above (not sure whats stock svt diameter)

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Yes go with 2.5, let her breathe!

·
Registered
479 Posts
i would go with borla. even though i have the borla pro sx series, the borla seems to have the best sound. I also notice your in sugar land, we been doing monthly focus meeting in houston area. you come check us out some time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm still fairly noob about this stuff but do I still need to get a svt flex if i get the trubendz 2.5 borla SS or does it eliminate the need for a flex?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
i'm still fairly noob about this stuff but do I still need to get a svt flex if i get the trubendz 2.5 borla SS or does it eliminate the need for a flex?
You always need the flex, SVT or not.

The basic parts go like this: Manifold/header, cat (standard or SVT), flex pipe, flex back.

Generally the flex back will have a large bolt spacing being the piping is larger. That will no align with the factory flex, not to mention the big step in piping diameter. So you should always get the matching flex pipe. This is where buying everything from one retailer helps, no guesswork.

So why don't I have to worry about the cat to flex?
Because the bolt spacing is much larger than the piping/that of the flex to flex back.

...and for right now you will need the zetec flex pipe, not the SVT.

When the time comes for needing the SVT flex it will probably be cheaper to have the zetec cut and welded to fit, exhaust shop should be able to do this.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
what i want to know is why you're spending so much money on exhaust. ive said this so many times. just take it to a muffler/exhaust shop and have them cut bend and weld you a custom 2.5 cat back exhaust. if you want it loud just put a glass pack on the end a few inches from the tip. if you want it quiet but mean put resonator and glass pack in the middle. custom muffler shop cat back with DUAL exhaust after the last hump only set me back $100 installed and all. if some1 can explain to me why the name brand exhaust is so much better ill stop harping on this point. but in my opinion you are paying an extra $250+ just for a name and that is it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts