Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says... i decided on the svt euro rims for my car... now im looking for a nice summer tire... any sugestions? i know there are some topics on tires but none really helped me out... thanks guys you all rock[thumb]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Falken FK-451. Great summer only tire. Just don't use it when it gets cold or snows.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've been really impressed with my ContiSportContact's. I'm pretty sure SVT's come with these from the factory. They have amazing dry traction and almost just as good in the rain, it's pretty incredible. They're even a little dated so have a look at ContiSportContact 2's Have fun, there's only about a million choices out there!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys... i really enjoy the input from everyone

·
Registered
215 Posts
BFG KDW 2's...awsome dry grip...unbelievable wet traction...got to tirerack.com and compare them....those Falkens are nice too. I've had 5 different types of tires so far

·
Registered
622 Posts
Those KDW's from BF Goodrich look sweet. They're my first choice for when I get the 17" Kazera's. I just got 4 BF Goodrich traction t/a's V rated for my stock 16" rims. 205/50/16 ran me $600 balanced and installed. They seems pretty good so far, stiffer sidewall than the original Pirelli P6's, which I've read nothing but bad reviews about. The P6's were rated for 50k miles, mine failed to pass Massachusetts inspection last week, so I needed to replace them. Only had 39k miles on them though, 80% life expectancy. The new Traction T/A's are rated for 60k miles. I do drive pretty aggressively though, no burn outs really, but good hard cornering. The SVT suspension kit definatly helped handling. Now I can keep up with the SVT boys who spent WAY MORE than I did for their cars, and I get the same handling for $250 bux. Love it.

But the BF Goodrich's are great, and I can't wait for new rims too and def. going to go with the KDW's

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im ganna go with the BFG KDW 2's look sweet, thanks for the advice this will be my first BFG tires so ill see how i like them over the stock perellies...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just got 4 kumo ecsta 711 17 to my door for 250.00 and I love them from tire rack

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Summer tire? I went with a Kumho Ecsta ASX but it's all-season. It's held up fairly well and would have held up much better if I could get someone who knows what they're doing to align my car....inside edges of my front tires are bald but plenty of tread elswhere. They feel good on the road and are quiet too.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Gforce sports or Nitto Neogens might work pretty well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Toyo Proxes4s or Falken 512s. I know they're both all season but they rock!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts