Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found some nice man with a shop to do my clutch for 836...my loving girlfriend gave me 400 dollars for my bday to help out. damn i love her. other places wanted around 1200-1500 so much. every place even the guy i used said that the focus has a tough to get to spot for clutch. so i got my car back today. you know when your 5 spd is idle and you pull it straight down it goes it to fourth or up is 3rd...for some reason its set more to the right now. i pull down it goes into 2nd up 1st. if i want 4th i go right then down...anyway to fix this? it doesnt bother me actually...just getting use to it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Just sounds like the linkage needs to be adjusted. I don't know how it's done, but it shouldn't be a big deal for someone who does know how to do it.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Take it back and if they did not put it back together right then they need to fix it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn...this place is so far. i didnt really notice cause i had 4 hours of sleep then got a ride there then drove back and by the time i noticed i was almost home...its so far...guess ill be calling him

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This was covered recently, luckily the post was easy to dig up. Looky here:

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=49

http://www.teamfocus.us/shiftcable.htm

Different methods of doing the same thing. Instructions are certainly good enough to find the adjusters. I tried to apply this on the SVT's getrag and found that A) I could NOT access them from beneath, and B) the method of adjustment may well be completely different, or else mine were already perfect.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: If you cant get at them from underneath on your car, as I couldnt mine, I just had to detatch my SRI and the top of the tranny where the linkages mount is right there.

·
Registered
950 Posts
^ we use the ib5, but the MTX istructions may work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts