Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished converting my 2001 ZX3 to a 5.0 V-8 last weekend. My buddy has a 91 honda civic with a B16 conversion that is built to the max. I have driven it and its one of the fastest front wheel drive cars I have ever driven. I thought for sure once I had the conversion done in my car that I could at least keep up. I was pretty sure I couldnt beat him until I had the thing completely tweaked and tuned right. Sure enough we went out Sunday night and found a nice strecth of road in the desert and did the deed. He had me from 2nd gear on. By the time we quit he was about 5 car lengths ahead of me. Well, it wont happen again. Once I have the rest of the mods on the car and the engine running right, there should be no contest.

Just sucks to get beat by a honda of any sort!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Got some Pics of the 5.0 V8 2001 ZX3??? Really interested in the Motor ones..
 

·
OMGVTAK!
Joined
·
60,646 Posts
Yeah, I wanna see them too. I don't believe someone unless I see for myself.
 

·
The Professor
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
Oompa said:
I just got finished converting my 2001 ZX3 to a 5.0 V-8 last weekend. My buddy has a 91 honda civic with a B16 conversion that is built to the max. I have driven it and its one of the fastest front wheel drive cars I have ever driven. I thought for sure once I had the conversion done in my car that I could at least keep up. I was pretty sure I couldnt beat him until I had the thing completely tweaked and tuned right. Sure enough we went out Sunday night and found a nice strecth of road in the desert and did the deed. He had me from 2nd gear on. By the time we quit he was about 5 car lengths ahead of me. Well, it wont happen again. Once I have the rest of the mods on the car and the engine running right, there should be no contest.

Just sucks to get beat by a honda of any sort!!!

Not to be mean or anything, but how much does your engine suck? Seriously!

Don't be mad, but SERIOUSLY![:D] [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine doesnt suck! Its only been in the car for a few days. I havent gotten it completely dialed in and the honda is running near 500 hp + nitrous. We are talking a $10,000 motor so Its not like I got beat by a stock B16. Get real!

As far as pics go. I dont have digital camera but I will try to get some pics put up when I get my film developed. Its not all that rare anymore to see a V8 conversion on a focus. I got the idea a few months back when I saw a couple at a mustang shop.
 

·
OMGVTAK!
Joined
·
60,646 Posts
LOL....god you guys are harsh...[:D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Holy balls!

Thats a mean B16. How did get that much hp out of it? What are your plans with the 5.0? Is your car fwd or rwd? Don't listen to these guys. They don't know how easy it is to make a Honda go fast.
 

·
The Professor
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
Re: Holy balls!

Infra3sv said:
Thats a mean B16. How did get that much hp out of it? What are your plans with the 5.0? Is your car fwd or rwd? Don't listen to these guys. They don't know how easy it is to make a Honda go fast.
Look at the bottom of this page...

http://seductiveautosports.tripod.com/honda haters.htm

Do you realize how easy it is to make a 5.0 fast?

Heads, intake, exhaust, blower, nitrous, or stroker kit [or even a combo of these for the ultimate] (less money, more HP, and more torque than two of those Hondas!)

Check out the Real Street class in NMRA (National Mustang Racers of America). They are now running 9s (record set at Route 66 Dragway this summer) with stock cams, street blower kits or nitrous, and long runner intakes, full exhausts, and street heads (the heads and intakes cannot be ported, and there is a maximum of 310ci allowed). They have to weigh 3000lbs.

oompa,

Give that 5.0 just a little, and go kick his f*****g A**!!![thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
I would say brutal.....
....Just do what ZX3matt said....post the pics when you can...
 

·
OMGVTAK!
Joined
·
60,646 Posts
Yeah, Matt does know what he's talkin about[;)]
I'm not gonna put you down. I just think it's awesome that you converted your Focus into a V8!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
if his motors really 500 horse why dont you just quit? youll never beat that. again thats a big IF. i dont think people realize just how much 500 horse really is. its not a number to just toss around. and in my opinion a guy is nuts to put $10 grand into a motor![screwy]
 

·
The Professor
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
Yeah, Matt does know what he's talkin about[;)]
I'm not gonna put you down. I just think it's awesome that you converted your Focus into a V8!
So do I! Just go kill the F**ker!!! Watch the traction though![?|]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
i dont think a 500 whp car will be street legal....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
or another huge v8 engine...
like a mustang, TA corvette or cars more close to 500...

but a 1.6 with 500 whp is like...no way jose...

Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Only 500 whp cars I've seen are NOT Street...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
do you people read any import mags at all? yea 500 hp is rare but is possible and im sure there are more than a few dsms rollin around with an easy 500hp.

Dont hate on hondas just cause of all the fools runnin around with just a body kit and an exhaust as im sure there are more than a few foci just like that on here.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top