Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, just sharing something I am happy about...I finally ponied up and bought a new TB, a rear upper strut bar, degas cover, and put in an order for a new engine cover. The bar and TB are here now. Still waiting on the other two. The bar and TB should be on the car tomorrow...I hope. Anyways, like I said, just happy I got them, so thought I would share...here are some pics.

I recently added this:

and the cover will go on as well:

and with this:

Here's the TB:

Complete with new gasket:

Here's the bar:

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
200 bucks...its also nice cuz it looks stock, if u are looking for that type of thing as well.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
thats a cool lookin engine cover, where is it from?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is nice...its by fast07st.he made it himself. I am having him makeone for me just like it. i think in liquid grey with dark blue writing.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
looks good, probably vacuum formed? I wanted to do one similar but i thought the thermoplastic wouldn't be able to stand the underhood heat and would soften...if thats how he did it then sweet!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he uses fiberglass. thats all i know. he might make you one too...but u need to be rich to pay him lol....i just really like how it looks. not too big/overpowering like the mazda covers can be.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
so what brand or whatever is that rear bar? the way it attaches doesn't make any sense to me...

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
goodies looking good Nemesis. So, how is that TB feeling? not a big difference right?
It seems that is time to get some goodies for myself, I don't want to be left behind...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the way it attaches to the struts doesn't make any sense...that is not a strong point nor is there that much pressure there...I personally like how the FS one mounts...I'd be afraid to break the stud off the strut with that one...

hmmm after reading just the first page of that thread it seems everyone has my same concerns...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
keep reading further into it. i personally wont drill back there.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I read that thread and it looks like a rear strut bar should look like...attached to the strut...I was talking to Mike @ Hilbish and he said with the rigidity of the Focus body the FS bar is really not what I need (I was gonna buy one)...it would do little if anything. I can see how the FS front stress bar and the BRP rear bar would work well together, at least it appears that way..both attach to the top of the struts completing the rectangle look that honhon was talking about(swaybar, strut, upper rear/front stress bar, strut)...I may add one of those to my wish list for 09

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^correct. i have also never seen any strut bar done that way that FS does it. same as the front strut bar. i too talked to mike, and he said the same thing. said there was no point to the rear FS bar...at least not on the ST. dunno about the others.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts