Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these on eBay for $21.00 shipped. They're just an overlay. I had to hook up an inverter and ran power from some wiring I had under the dash for some footwell lighting.

They may be cheapies. IDK, but for the price I don't think they're too bad.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, I forgot there is a dimmer switch. I had them on full power when I took the pic. In the day time they are white.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Looks great. Only problem I had is the dimmer switch seemed to short out and wouldn't work. Sometimes it would sometimes it wouldn't (dim that is). So it always stayed bright. But I think that was maybe because i had the switch just hanging there by the wires underneath the dash lol. Either way, I still love em.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
nice i was actually looking at getting these.
how hard was it?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not too bad. You can leave the needles on the face. Just had to remove the stop pegs. And slide it under. The only problem was getting it to lay flat. They suggest double sided tape but the needles would drag. I used some scotch tape and folded it over to make it double sided. That was really the only hassle. Also with the tape they suggest, you would probably ruin the new face and maybe the stock one underneath if it ever had to be taken off. It took about 1 1/2 hrs. to do. If I had to do it again, probably 45 mins.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
They sell new switches for about $4.00 I think.
Well actually the wire that was secured to the fuse popped off and I liked the look of just the red needles so much that I may leave it like that and put just a couple red leds to shine onto the gauge. I have red led's all around interior wise so i matched nicely. Though I do like the contrast that the gauges emitted.

[dude, i just saw your gallery and your ride is EFFING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!, i don't care what anyone says. Love the mid-wing]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I've had the same overlay for a year and a half now with no issues.
It was my first mod.

The including inverter is even powering my boost gauge now.

Roush mid wings rule!!
[thumb]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I have a set too, I love them! Mine are a little different style, and I think I payed like $34 shipped for mine.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
trailbikerider i have the same ones as u...just havent hooked up the power yet. whered you connect the power/ground wires to?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I'll have to look, but I connected it to a constant power wire, so I have to turn it on manually with the switch. When I get some free time, I'm going to hook it up to the same wire that turns the gauges on with the headlights.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day time pic

I took a day time shot of the gauges. Someone had asked before for it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
heres mine, theyre the same as trailbike riders. I powered them to the dash light power, so they come on with the headlights and the brightness can be controlled with the rest of the dash lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts