Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I got some of the cheap neons you can get at your local autozone or where ever and I want to get rid of the cig lighter attachment and wire it directly to the fuse. I've already cut the power wire on one and extended it now I'm just wondering what fuse would be best for it. I only want it using power when the car is on or in the accessory position (not bid deal bout accessory) Any advice? I don't want to wire them to the wrong fuse and have my battery drained when I get off work or wake up. Thanks for any advice.

PS Ya I'll probably be using an add-a-fuse because that what I used for my glow gauges and it works great. Thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
try the remote wire on the back on the cd player if u have an aftermarket if not id recomend wireing a switch inline on the hot (+) wire after the fuse. or if you want you could wire them to the running light fuse just check ur manual for which one it is, if u have any more problems pm me bro

peace
knox

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info man, BTW the wiring for the cheap neons didn't work out how I'd hoped, do you have a preference of were to get some cheaps ones for under there? Perferably ones that can bump to the beat of my music, I checked Streetglow and they want 42.99 for 1 9in tube! Any advice on were to buy some would be great, thanks again

·
Registered
800 Posts
the cheap ones should just have 2 wires on them
take the insulation off the ends and touch the copper one to the + side on the battery and the silver colored one on the - side and see if it lights up if it does pm me and we will go from there

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the info man, BTW the wiring for the cheap neons didn't work out how I'd hoped, do you have a preference of were to get some cheaps ones for under there? Perferably ones that can bump to the beat of my music, I checked Streetglow and they want 42.99 for 1 9in tube! Any advice on were to buy some would be great, thanks again

I got like a 12" one from AutoZone for like $25. When I get home I'll check the packaging out and then give you a link...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya the ones I have, have the controller on them and I cut the power wire from the controller. I have decided to go with some Cold Cathodes from Oznium. I got the fuse holder, the fuse, 1 12" kit for the front and the music interface all for under $50. It fit my budget nicely. Thanks for all the advice guys I'll let you know how they turn out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
nice, sometimes its better to just get the nice stuff and be done with it lol let us know how it works out for ya

knox

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oznium had an interface for sale on their site that I went ahead and bought. Just a question, where did you guys mount your cathodes or neons under the dash and your toggle switch? Just looking for ideas. I drive a manual SE sedan. Thanks for the help and I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i had used some from autozone and them wire to my sub it went with the beat lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts