Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Wow, what were you thinking? Shoulda gotten a Tercel.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
ooo, they had one out here at the ford dealership last time i had my oil changed. it was silver, blue flame pinstriping, with aftermarket 5 spoke rims, looked great, truly did. not big on the plane stock pt cruisers, but the gts have a little power and they're still sharp looking.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
i think id take the svt over the cruizer... imo... if the svt was givin youi so many problems, then its justified... but if i had the svt.. id keep it and keep fixin it... what kind of problems did you have with it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're pretty happy with it.

The PT-GT blue-booked at 19,200 and we got it for 15, 500. It was the closest thing to new that we could get. It was time to get something a little more relaxed than the SVT, and more reliable. I have been trying to get the clutch tsb taken care of for a while, and recently one of the calipers went bad, the front springs stated to grind into the perches, and the heat shield was loose again. Ford was not going to fix any of them with the car 1000 miles out of warranty even though I have an extended warranty. I've had just about enough.

I really wanted an SRT but my wife demanded something with a few more creature comforts. Darn.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
please tell me you're joking. PLEASE. if she wanted more creature comforts, should have gotten a Taurus. i'm sorry, i just don't like those crusiers.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I haven't clicked the link, but please tell me it's not a) rice, or b) Toyota (which is even worse than the rice alone...it's overcooked rice...)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ahhh ok, Pt Cruiser...
not my favorite either simply because of the design and lines, but it'll go through my system better than Toyota.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
it's kinda fem you have to admit going from a svt to a turbo pt crusier. not hating or anything i did watch a special with leno driving the car commenting on how he liked it

·
Registered
526 Posts
Now you are 1 of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I`ll go with what frush said.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
interesting choice. but they really arent that bad. and the turbo ones are basically an SRT-4, so they are pretty damn fast. Lets see some better pics [thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I hate Chrysler/Dodge so I won't comment......

I do understand the issues with reliability and BS three times a week visits to Ford Service. I've been there before, seems some cars are predetermined to be complete headaches.

Good Luck with your new purchase......

·
Team Shocker #2
1,776 Posts
you dropped your focus for a PT cruiser???????? have you no shame

·
Registered
356 Posts
Evan_Murphy said:
hahahaha i think its funny how everyone bashes it, but that car could beat everyone that just posted...
haha. I dont care if he is faster. Hes driving a PT Cruzier. Enough said, sweet jesus. GO TURBO GRANDMA CAR WOOT

kyle

1 - 20 of 47 Posts