Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So the other day I got rear ended. I own a 2003 Ford Focus SE Wagon. I dont know much about cars. I looked underneath the bumber and the frame (atleast what thats what I think it is looks fine. Then theres a little foam looking spacer and then the plastic bumper. The foam looks undamaged, but the bumper is pretty messed up. The 2 Rear side panels are fine its just the back bumper plastic peice and the driver side Tail Lite. Called the Ford Dealership and they were asking for 400ish for the bumper and 130ish for the Tail Lite. That seemed pretty expensive. I seen the Tail lite for 60 on ebay. I'm not sure what I need to buy, so If any1 could help me that would be great. my name is james. Please Help

Thank you

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
First off. Welcome.
Second. I almost guarentee someone on here can hook you up w/ a tail light for under $30. The bumper for probably under $100. Try looking on ebay a little harder.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
if it makes you feel better i got rear ended friday morning on my way to school and they smashed my bumper crinkled the left rear quarter panel and bent my trunk lid up and on top of that it was considered my fault so i also have pay for the ticket.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
painted roush rear bumper in roush's ebay store for 450! I got rear ended a few weeks ago...i know how you feel

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've got a Pitch Black bumper from my '05 that I'm trying to get rid of for $60, not sure if it'll fit Wagons, it came from my ZX3.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
ive got a sedan but im taking it to a friend of mines shop so hopefully it will be fairly cheap

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Hey Tome-E09 ---I used to live in abilene before my wife and I moved to lubbock
No way did you happen to have green neons underneath your car...and cruise first

just an update on my car
the estiamte cost of the damage done to my car is about $5000 if it goes up they might total it. it completeky smashed the bumper inside all the way to the frame, snapped off the metal brackets that hole the bumper assembly on and pushed the trunk lid up but im hoping for the best 'cause i can still see the potential of that car

Tom-E

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
GET THE BUMPER SOMEWHERE ELSE! i need a new bumper too, body shop quoted $400 if they get the bumper, and that's a STOCK bumper. i plan to go svt or aftermarket. though your choices are greatly limited due to being a wagon, i really have no clue what your aftermarket choices are, but i can nearly guarantee that if you can't find a used bumper here on the forums, you can still manage to get one for cheaper off ebay.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
no --i didnt really cruise First --- to many cops lol-- and i wish i had green neon --it would be cool

what part of abilene you from
im on the southside just off texas av. yeah but the cops dont really mess with you if your not racing...i want to start a focus club and am trying to find people who live in the area who would be interested.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
That sucks. So is the frame damaged then?
not really, all the saftey things put in place to save the frame worked but one of the side panels is cracked so you can see inside the trunk

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
im on the southside just off texas av. yeah but the cops dont really mess with you if your not racing...i want to start a focus club and am trying to find people who live in the area who would be interested.

yeah i would have been in it with you [headbang]

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
at least i know that someone woulda joined

1 - 20 of 20 Posts