Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got our radio working because b16sir1991 sold me the anti-theft panel I was needing to fit into the radio to get it working.

But now the cd player won't work. When I hit the load button it says wait then CD ERROR on the screen.

Have a 2003 Ford Focus ZTS with the standard 6 disc cd changer.

Anyway to fix it? Or am I screwed and have to take it back to the dealership we bought it from?

·
Registered
228 Posts
They make great paper weights and door stops. At our shop we replace a Ford 6 disc at least a few times a month because of failure. Get a decent aftermarket unit or see if you can get warranty from Ford.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We bought it from a Kia dealership in Irving where the salesman bragged about the 6 disc in dash cd changer, on the way home I figured out the radio didn't work, didn't realize at the time it was missing the anti theft panel.

Got that ordered and got the radio working except the CD part doesn't work...which well...I mean the guy bragged about 6 disc in dash cd changer...I want my 6 CD changer to WORK!

But I had already contacted the guy at the dealership and he said that they would fix it at no cost to us. But you can bet I'm keeping the little anti-theft panel that I bought myself.

It's just a matter of driving 100 miles round trip just to get the radio fixed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
ammorgan said:

It's just a matter of driving 100 miles round trip just to get the radio fixed.
The way gas prices are going is it worth it to drive 100 miles? Just kidding, good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is why we have been putting it off, do not want to have to drive 100 miles. I tried calling the dealership to give them any numbers they might need to get the radio fixed and the guy there just told me all they would do is drive it to the local Ford dealership and have Ford fix the radio. That is why I bought the anti theft panel in the hopes that we would not have to drive all the way out to Irving to get the radio working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts