Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

3rd Time's the Charm
Discussion Starter #1
Full weight, stock ST3, full tank of 91~ octane as I was trying to bring up octane rating from my daily use 87 full up. Only "mod" is a symposer delete. On half life F1's, I believe original, and starting to show cracks of dryrot.

Track prep was not great. Conditions improved as the night went on. It seemed like all the cars were a bit off their bests. Friend in a bone stock ATS-V best of the night was a 12.6, which is also a few off stock numbers. Best 60' of the night was a 2.28 but on an earlier run and the air was not as good for the rest of the run.

Here's the breakdown of the best times of the night, all happening just before I left:
10:38pm - 79*F according to my car - Hotlapped 2x
60' 2.3989
330' 6.3515
1/8 9.5825
MPH 75.71
1000' 12.3912
1/4 14.785
MPH 94.02

I have extra wheels I'll probably put some sticky tires on. Have an air filter, intercooler, DP, and tuner ready to go on the car.

Any thoughts about the low MPH? It's an ST3, full tank, and I'm about 210 lbs, so I expect weight to be at least part of the issue.

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
Tires will help...<3 the ats-v's as well as the cts-v's.

Registered
Work on your launches. Maybe some stickier tires, or just less air pressure in them. If you can improve .1 second in your 60 ft, it should translate to .2 on the big end.

3rd Time's the Charm
Discussion Starter #7
Work on your launches. Maybe some stickier tires, or just less air pressure in them. If you can improve .1 second in your 60 ft, it should translate to .2 on the big end.
You say that, but my best 2.2 60' was .3 slower. I understand it's a balance to get out of the hole, don't bog, don't overly spin, etc. This ain't my first rodeo. The peaky torque on the ST's baby turbo definitely makes 60'ing this car a chore.

That said, I was SLAUGHTERING the other ST's out of the hole, and even a 370z that obviously couldn't drive. Track prep was complete rubbish.

Registered
You say that, but my best 2.2 60' was .3 slower. I understand it's a balance to get out of the hole, don't bog, don't overly spin, etc. This ain't my first rodeo. The peaky torque on the ST's baby turbo definitely makes 60'ing this car a chore.

That said, I was SLAUGHTERING the other ST's out of the hole, and even a 370z that obviously couldn't drive. Track prep was complete rubbish.
I agree they're tricky to launch on the stock tires. I have the same problem with my Fiesta. My best 60' in it has been a 2.205 ending in a 14.53 @ 98.16.

3rd Time's the Charm
Discussion Starter #10
FBO 2015 FiST was out with me running similar. I'd leave him out of the hole and it'd be neck and neck at the finish line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts