Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a great way to start my Wednesday this morning...

This whole ordering process is great, but a drag because of the dreaded: "Waiting Game" of production scheduling and such!

Thanks to ALL of you who have shared your stories, ideas, thoughts and insight into an exciting new car to hopefully enjoy for many miles to come.

I ordered my car at the very end of May this year. My sales rep stated that it would be approx. 6-8 weeks (or longer due to my color selection) for my ride to show up.

He "encouraged" me to select a different color to speed up the ordering process. I thought about and knew I would kick myself every time that I made a lease payment.

I bet he is sick of the weekly phone calls, visits and E-mail messages from this Focus customer :) He has been great about keeping me posted on any changes and finally getting a VIN from him approx. 1 1/2 weeks ago.

The cool thing that happened for me this morning, when the window sticker appeared, it had my first initial and last name populated under the Optional Equipment listing! That was/is sooooo awesome. Could not wait to get to a color printer to get-it-on-paper!

Now, is when will it actually get built???? From what I see: 1201108090952 this means August 09 of this year... anyone know what the last few digits mean? I also see info at the top about: Blend 0952...

Hopefully, the wait will not be too long for shipping via rail to Wisconsin for delivery. I'm at approx 10 weeks, from the date it was ordered so far. They can surely have MFT and all the other stuff "fixed" by now :) Summer is "almost" over by the time August comes in Wisconsin, so I want to enjoy some hot days with the roof open and my dash lit up like Christmas while driving at night!

Have fun to all of the other Focus orders that have had to wait over (2) months for their ride...

Keep the news coming. I may need a new set of discounts. Have X-plan and several $750 Private Cash offers that have come and gone.

Ohhhh, I ordered Red Candy Metallic CC on my SEL-Premium Hatchback w/ leather, Winter package (Wisconsin of course) and Moon roof. Wanted the parking package, but I was told it would add another $20-25 to my lease payment; couldn't justify that camera for that!

[email protected]

·
Banned
571 Posts
Very nice. I love the backup camera. You might want to add it in if you still can. IMHO it's worth it and will add value to the resale price.

·
Registered
492 Posts
sweet! my order goes in today...now i have to play the long waiting game! i don't mind...it means i can save more $$$$$ while i take the bus. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
sweet! my order goes in today...now i have to play the long waiting game! i don't mind...it means i can save more $$$$$ while i take the bus. :D
Do you work for Winnipeg Transit? If so I hope they give you free fairs!

·
Registered
492 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts