Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my HIA sct xcal 2 tune a few weeks ago because everyone was raving about it, well im just not that impressed. it does fix a few of the little bugs the svt has boging and idle its a little louder too. i like that it goes to 7600 now. but i still cant do a great burn out with the TC off im still useing the TC kill switch mod, i noticed its a bit slugish in the top end (over 65) if you try and launch at 3000 or so it still has a little bog. i dont know mabe its me i just dont see whats so great about it. i was hoping id get pined to my seat like someone else said they did. mabe ill try the highway tune soon. and i did read the instructions on how to install it. is anyone else not that impressed?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Im not going to publicly bash HIA, but Ive said over and over and over again how AWESOME Toms tune is...I've had a majority of the tunes available out there (except FS).

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I guess you cant please them all. I think that some people just expect too much.Wayne has an award fom SCT as one of their top tuners. If youre not that impressed, like i said, you just probably expected too much just from a tune. Maybe you need to go FI. Compare them if you want, i just dont see any between them, sorry. Wayne rules.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Get dyno tuned. Thats the only way to get the most out of a tune.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I agree with b16sir1991, I took it for what it was. It did what I thought it was going to do, and when I finally get a Procharger, it will help me do what I want it to do then, make me poop my pants. [hihi] [burnout]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
^^^LOL^^^ pooped his pants.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Yeah, b16 hit the nail on the head. Just re-tuning your engine isn't going to yeild huge performance gains. I have had a kind of average experience with Hypnotic (Wayne) had detonation problems at first and got a re-tune and then it was fine....but a couple of weeks ago it picked up a slight detonation between 3k and 4k but then went away again. I'll just be glad when I can afford to really start makin my svt what I really want it to be.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the tune is what it is, its worth 385$ thats it. i read what people said about it and i thought it ws gonna be amazing, HIA did do a good job squeezing that much power out of a tune, cuz we all know the svtf doesnt like to give up easy power. im going to go FI when i get some money together, FI is the best mod 4 the svtf, im thinking goin with a JRSC for starters, then when i get some more $$$ ill move up to a procharger. like kentsvt says, i wanna poop my pants too....lol

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
drive it for a week....untune back to stock and then drive it...you will notice FAR more of a diffence...trust me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you definatly notice a differnce right from the start... i like the tune, dont get me wrong, i guess i just got a wrong impression when i was readin the other fourms about the tune. definatly the best mod iv done.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I felt the same way as you at first. Now I've had it installed for a couple weeks and I can definetly feel the differance, and I like it alot more. What you're feeling is probably the same thing I felt, I just expected a ton and kept focusing on how my car was running and didnt feel it. Now when I'm not paying attention to it and just driving, I'll all the sudden realize that my car really is running alot better.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Not to mention every tune has a learn in period because you're completely re-writing the program to it's instructions.

Give it a hundred miles of driving and it will be better still

1 - 13 of 13 Posts