Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my sct and i am wondering, any tips for my mods to get most power until i get my dyno tune. i currently have 65mm tb, 4-1race header, underdrive pulley kit, lightened flywheel, stage3 clutch, lsd, iridium spark plugs, 10.2 mm wires,and cai. i have currently set the sct to no speed limit, rev limit to 7200, wot fuel at 2% richer, 93octane, normal fuel economy(there is no performance mode ),egr off, rear o2 off. it gives the option to mess with my spark at diff rpms at degrees like 2 degrees, what is that for? and will it help if i adjust that? should i do anything else i want this thing to be the most powerful it can until time for turbo and dyno. without spending any more money. please help.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe that I was told that the amount it allows you to adjust it in the software isn't enough to do any real harm. Just try tweaking it a little at a time and if you hear a sound like rocks in a coke can then make it richer. BTW NA cars run better leaned out not enrichened.

But I could be just a crazy caveman....
(Grunts and runs back into cave)

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
if you have never tuned a car especially with a hand held tuner, id wait man, you dont want to mess up anything...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Call SCT or your retailer. The controls over spark that they give you in the basic Xcal2 doesn't allow you to modify the spark to unsafe ranges IIRC. The pro racer package is a different situation all together.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i figure that i was pushin so much air that i needed to get the fuel up so that is why i richened it it always seemed to have a few problems in the power band before i got it now it is just smooth. but i was just hopin for some hints or tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts