Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my new Focus today! Its amazing! [8D]

It was a little sad turning in my 08 which has served me well, but it was time to move on.

I absolutely love the seats and the handling. Transmission is slightly jerky, but thats expected. No issues like have been reported, so it looks like they fixed it -- time will tell.

Headliner is very nicely attached as well, even around the sunroof. I was sure to check that out immediately.

MFT is pretty cool too, synced with my Droid 3 without issues, and with my Zune as well. Indexed it in about 15 minutes and is every bit as good as the old version of sync.

Question:
Ambient lighting. I cant get it to work! I have the button, dial and another button by the sunroof controls. The button on the right of the dial turns all the lights on and off. The dial does nothing. The left button does nothing. Isnt the left button supposed to rotate through all the colors?

When all the lights are on, the car is all blue with the ambient and the dome lights on, and the open doors turn red. But thats it -- the ambient wont stay on.

I read the user manual but it didnt really help much.

WTF!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question:
Ambient lighting. I cant get it to work! I have the button, dial and another button by the sunroof controls. The button on the right of the dial turns all the lights on and off. The dial does nothing. The left button does nothing. Isnt the left button supposed to rotate through all the colors?

When all the lights are on, the car is all blue with the ambient and the dome lights on, and the open doors turn red. But thats it -- the ambient wont stay on.

I read the user manual but it didnt really help much.

WTF!!!
The ambient lighting should come on automatically with the headlights when it's dark enough. You're correct that the button changes the colors, the dial changes the brightness of the lights.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ambient lighting should come on automatically with the headlights when it's dark enough. You're correct that the button changes the colors, the dial changes the brightness of the lights.
Oh I didnt try with the headlights on. D'oh!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if just turning the headlights on does it or if it has to dark enough for them to come on automatically. [8D]
I thought it just had to be dark so I waited until about 30 mins ago and tried when it was pitch black out. Must be the headlights. Would make sense too since it takes that for the dash to light up.

I was so upset it wouldnt turn on I forgot to check out the car lit up and didnt turn on the headlights for it.

Crime of excitement I guess :p

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
In addition to ambient lights coming on with headlights on the amb lights should come on when u open any door. Ive an sel and mine work like this

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice pictures. That is what my car will look like, silver Titanium with the polished wheels. I didn't get the moon roof or the sport suspension, but I think I got nearly everything else.

The Ingot Silver is a good color for Texas in the summertime.

I can't wait to get my hands on my car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just leave my headlights on Automatic all the time and it does whatever it needs to in regards to the ambient lighting and works great... but I'm thinking your car is a little fancier than mine and it's not quite that simple on your end [:)]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice to see another Texas Focus! Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts