Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the post lady just dropped off my new clutch today but I have one question. This is the newer bigger clutch. Is there a way I can check before I tear my car apart if I have the newer TSB clutch already in my car? I probably should have done this before buying the clutch. I also have an 04 so I should be fine right? I heard somewhere that they changed them in the middle of the 04 year production or was that in 03? I'm hoping this will be a direct replacement.

·
Registered
555 Posts
As was posted a while back, there were no SVTF's that came from the factory with the TSB clutch. ford only replaced the one's that failed with the newer clutch.[ffrocks]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As was posted a while back, there were no SVTF's that came from the factory with the TSB clutch. ford only replaced the one's that failed with the newer clutch.[ffrocks]
So I guess that means that I need to buy a newer updated flywheel? Or can I use my existing one?

·
Registered
555 Posts
the SVTF flywheel is a throw-away, It can't be resurfaced. unfortunetly when our clutches go you have to replace everything. One can be hopeful and not have it blow apart and take the trans with it.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the SVTF flywheel is a throw-away, It can't be resurfaced. unfortunetly when our clutches go you have to replace everything. One can be hopeful and not have it blow apart and take the trans with it.
Thanks for the reply! I contacted a guy selling a Findanza FW on this site and I'm just waiting for confirmation if it's compatible with the LuK clutch kit I just bought. If so it's all mine [:D]

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
sorry it will not work with the luk kit you bought. the only thing that will work with the fidnaza flywheel is the southbend clutch.

you will need to get the tsb flywheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts