Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my AEM short ram intake from Mofocus today. I'm going to install it tonight. I'll post again later after I get it on.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YAY!!! It's on!! It was a fairly easy install, took about 45 min. I took it for a test drive that lasted about 3 blocks. I'll let everyone know what my impresions are after I take a longer drive later...First impression....I noticed it a little bit. Question though. Is hearing a little high piched whistle normal?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yes it is normal that is the sound of the air being rushed into your intake. You get used to it after a while. I know it took me awhile to get used to it on my mustang.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeahit did that a little when i had it on, but the exhaust was kinna loud and i didnt hear it much, as long as its all on tight its good

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Congrats on your new mod!
I've got the same thing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a chance to take it for a longer drive (About 30 miles). I really like the way it sounds. With how cold it is, I really feel a power difference, especially above about 3500 revs. It was definitely worth it. A thank you is owed to Mofocus...[thumb]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah...the AEM short ram sounds really cool! I have had mine for about a year now...have some idle problems but other than that...good to go!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
congrats on your intake. let me just ask you a question, where do you put the sensor it has on the stock intake?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a rough diagram of how it goes together.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
thanks for the diagram awebb.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem man. I was a little bit comfused about how that worked until I saw how the MAFS unhooked. Then it made pretty good sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea i got my intake on monday and i can tell a littlebit in the pickup. i got the arospeed c/a . it took about an hour to put it on but it was worth it

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
glad you like it man, i can honestly say that intake was alot nice than the Focus Central IMO, looked ALOT better, and no power differnce really

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I think I got that whistle fixed. I thigtened down the clamp that holds the tube to the rubber connector that goes to the T.B.. Hey Mofocus, I solved that rubbing problem, I just lowered the tube towards the T.B. at the same time I tightened it. I noticed that it could go down more, and it was just enough to clear the hood. Unfortunately, it rubbed a little paint off of the inside of my hood first, but oh well, it's all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts