Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i got them in today , ordered them last thursday .

1. the pattern on the low beams is fine, no weird W shape, but it doesnt go very far at all. the high beams however , very strange, point straight out in front of the car like a straight line, really bright and all but doesnt light up anything but like a 30 degree angle. anyways how exactly do you align these??? i have the hella knockoff ones, the dual halo headlights, not enclosed, no led's or anything. i know it has to do with the three knobs on each light but i'm not sure what to do when you loosen them

2. what size bulbs are these. i want to get some kind of either silverstars or the phillips bluevision 55 watt bulbs. but i dont know what size bulbs these are! it doesnt say on the ebay auction or anywehre on fixture or box. also didnt come with instructions but i'm not retarded so i got it.

3. are these also susceptible for the halos burning out? like as in i need to get resistors and put them in, because i have a set of resistors but i dont know how to put them on, what will i need?

4. one last thing...very weird, i noticed a while after i turned them on (about an hour after driving around barely visible clouds of light steam/smoke were coming from the right headlight under the projector, and there was this weird plastic smell. not sure what it was, but after a while it stopped. wtf?

i was very well of the consequences of these headlights, light, possible melting blah blah but i was in rough time and i wanted something to cheer me up and these 140 dollar shipped headlights did their job. they look awesome from a distance(the projectors..look hid like), and even better up close because of the halos.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry i cant help ya out too much i was wondering which lights did you buy from ebay. I have thread on here askin ppl if the bough ebay projectors and what not. I havent received a response yet. So which ones did you buy? links pics anything is kewl with me [:D]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
you got the shitty one's...sorry.....

I has these on my old focus....they weren't as bright as my stock headlights, and they looked chintzy (cheap). that AND these lights have a tendency to melt the wiring for the headlights....

right before I took 'em out, the lights started to metly at the connector , and Had I not been aware of that fact, I would have had to get a new harness.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where could i get some new wire harnesses just in case ?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Silverstars will help the light projection a little and make the beam a little whiter but don't expect a hugh difference.

You'll probably have to remove the bulb to find out what size they are.

Most of the projectors use H3 for the normal bulb and H1 for the high beam but it's best to remove them to be 100% sure which ones your projectors use.

What I found is to point/align the beam more straight out in front of the car in stead of the road seemed to help get more light scatter since most roads are black tar, there's not much reflection when the light is pointed toward the road with projectors.
Just don't point them completely horizontal to blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would take those horrible lights out as soon as possible. If they are smoking and creating the smell of burning plastic, they are probably overheating and melting. That is a big problem.

·
Registered
613 Posts
you bought the bad ones, the ones with the leds and a cover are much better
do a search and you can find pics of the good ones, they are usually around 200$ for a set with shipping

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know if this is how projectors are on all cars, but i took out the projector part of the assembly, and looked in there where the bulb goes, and there is a metal plate, so not all of the bulb shows

do you think its possible to dremel it out ? or if i can find a star bit with a hole in the middle i can take it off , i'm just wondering if that will greatly increase the pattern/light output. or would it like blind people do death lol. i have a star bit thing to take it apart but on the screw it has a little metal peice in the middle of it so i cant use it

(looking inside from the back)

anyways here what it looks like, still looks freakin sweet.

looks on but its just my flash

on

passenger side(one that steamed for a little bit and has a little condensation in it(i didnt plug the holes before installation_

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now i'm in the process of installing phillips bluevision bulbs, btw the bulbs are h7s

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i think it was part of the bulbs that was the problem, the bulbs provided, i removed them and on the one that was kinda smoking, the bulb cap )the black part on top of the bulb( started shaving off, half of it was off of it

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Don't dremel out that cap. There was another thread on here someplace, I think the reason was that all you achive was to blind oncoming traffic...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah it was the bulbs, i put the phillips bluevision bulbs in, can see a lot more but now i do kinda have a weird pattern but its ok, and they are nowhere near as hot as the ones that came with the lights. so no more smokage

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all except the actual halo bulbs, they are seperate and are just LED's that come with a pos and neg wire that you have to wire to w/e you want other than that yes its plug and play

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you dremel the half moon out of the projector, Get ready for tickets.

Its makes the lights WAY to bright and Cops will rape you for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts