Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I went to AF Performance in Prospect, CT. My friend has a RSX and said they were doing a dyno day and that I could come. $50 for 3 pulls, I got to drive it on the dyno too! Overall a cool experience and there was very little hate for the Foci despite everyone else having RSX's, SRT-4, STI etc. One guy even complimented me on the exhaust note, saying it screamed like a Nascar lol. Dyno guy said my A/f stayed at 15 the whole time, very lean! [?|] EDIT! a call from Randy cleared things up, because of my plastic K&N it can make tuning a little tricky. He talked me through how to adjust for extra fuel to richen it up. Great customer service right there!

anyway...

Mods are: K&N FIPK, FC TB, OBX Header, SVT MBRP, lean FS tune.
first run was in 3rd, next 2 are 4th

They drove it up on the dyno (so thats not me), I drove it during.

The lineup:

and a video:

thanks for looking [ffrocks]

·
Subcompact Fanatic
2,175 Posts
That's wonderful that you have your focus dyno'd; But it's not so great that some people rant you out because you have a focus. I don't tollerate hatred of any kind, if the person does that again then I would hold up a cup and tell him " Talk in this."

But all and all I bet you had loads of fun.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

yeah theres was one guy joking around, but most people there were cool with it, one called it a "rally/autocross machine!". I was surprised I got as much respect as I did, I was the only one under 200whp lol

and youve gotta have a sense of humor, i warned everyone to stand back because I was gonna light the rollers on fire with my POWAH! XD

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, and would a mod mind adding this to the dura dyno sticky? thanks!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
that sweet we up here in the PNW are having a dyno day at a local shop as well on the 6th of sep and fo sho will post the sitcho. look good my man were you in third grear the whole time? it sound good too.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cant wait for your numbers to compare [cheers]

i was in 4th for the video, i have one of the first run i did, which was in 3rd, but its much shorter

·
Subcompact Fanatic
2,175 Posts
Thanks guys!

yeah theres was one guy joking around, but most people there were cool with it, one called it a "rally/autocross machine!". I was surprised I got as much respect as I did, I was the only one under 200whp lol

and youve gotta have a sense of humor, i warned everyone to stand back because I was gonna light the rollers on fire with my POWAH! XD
I know, and I apologize for that. It's just so many years of people mocking other things, It just kinda gets old and rusted really quick.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not to bad, so your back to around stock engine #'s, but to the wheels now!

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Im excited with the numbers, its been so long estimating what everything added it was killing me. Hopefully with the change I made to the tune today and a UDP this fall Ill be at 140whp

And Desert, I totally agree with you, the Foci gets no respect usually. Ive gotten tired of defending it and just say "well it corners amazingly". But then again its from ignorant people, today these guys were better than that

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome to the "lowest numbers at a dyno day" club lol
But besides those 200+ cars, thats pretty good numbers dude. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
when you dyno the car you have to be in certain gears? I have an auto how does that work?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
They had to figure out the gear ratio (next time ill have that ready) and trick the computer into staying in 3rd (pretty sure they had it in 3rd..)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Its easy still, just takes a bit longer to prep than a standard trans.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
^Nice quote alk3. Never really read it before, its just so true with the focus.

Buick, just wondering if you had more power when the car was running lean. Usually the leaner the car is without detonation the more power you can make. Its just not good for the engine. At 15, thats really not that lean considering your car will run at 14.7 all day long. The new tune that you have might run it at 13-13.5, but thats just at WOT.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Id be really curious to see. with the increase in WOT fuel it seems like the car pulls even better, especially from down low (2000rpm in 3rd gear etc). shame i wont be going back for a while but you can be sure ill bring the xcal next time so I can play with it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts