Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i put it on last night was easier then i thought it was gonna be, there was one bolt that sucked getting out and back in. fire the car up and the CEL hasent come on yet so im still waiting for it. car has more power and it has power when the AC is on, thank god. but ill post some sound clip when its a cold strat sounds so loud i hate it then idle which isnt that bad. then driving its not bad at cruz but horrable when i excelerate. theres raddles everywhere in my car now. prob from system i had in before shook everything loose. i like it im gonna get a new resonator.

so i have the draxas MBRP and a SRI

PS anyone wanna buy a K&N AirCharger® High Performance
Air Intake for like.. well i start the bidding at $200.00 best offer gets it PM me

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
HEY but thats cool we sould meet up some time soon to let me hear it!

·
Registered
815 Posts
What are draxas? Some type of header?

·
Registered
345 Posts
cosworth is only oversized if you don't have much done. for some of us its perfect.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I really hope my Cossie header isn't going to make my car unbarable when I get it on next Friday [:(]

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Maybe the header or flex wasn't tightened enough when you installed it? I couldn't imagine why everything would rattle loose with your previous system..

other than that, how is the header in low/mid/high rpm?

·
Registered
367 Posts
it's a little easier if you have a mtx, the engine sits farther forward an inch. It's relatively straightforward, there's just bolts that are very awkward to reach. You and a friend can do it in a few hours...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol have fun the best way to do it is with an offset wrench the reason it takes so ong is because u only get like 1/20th of a turn before u have to pulll the wrench off and put it back on u cant use a rachet on some bolts ebcause the header is in the way and have fun taking off the stock heat sheid not to many peopl ehave anythign left of that because u get so pissed at it trying to be gentle

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
hmmm..I might just have to get a solid gold heat shield since gold is the best heat conductor (top gear, McLaren F1 episode). Oh well I have a shop with a lift and tools so I am better off than many!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lift is pretty much useless for this job i had one didt use it it was faster to just jack the car up real fast and undo the 2 bolts then put it up on the lift all the work is gonna be done from the top of the engine bay maybe 5-10% are done under the car. and as for the heat shied your not a f-1 car so thats a waste of money use it on something else

·
Registered
528 Posts
hmm...how long did it take you to do it? And did the draxxas come with the flex pipe? And is that installed too? Sound clip yet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts