Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, without being with my car this entire fourth of July weekend. I got my comp cams installed. And let me say that the power band is much better. More take off power and better power up top around 3500.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some Comp Cams XR Stage 1. would have got a stg 2 or 3, but only have an auto and dont want to risk anything. Here is some info

Ford Zetec DOHC Twin Cam XR Series camshaft. For SERIOUS STREET / COMPETITION - Pulls strong through RPM range. Responds well to bolt-ons. Stronger low end from 1400 to 6000 rpm operating range. Specs are: Intake 273 dur / 9.68mm Exhaust 273 dur / 9.68mm

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided not to go with cam gears yet. gonna wait on those. I want to start upgrading the fuel system with such mods and a better fuel rail, larger injectors and hopefully a fuel cell in the hatch instead of the gas tank.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
what it cost alll together to get them installed, i have'nt decided if i'm gonna takle it myself or not? some say it's simple & some say it's a pain.[???:)]
enjoy your new cams, i'll bet they're a blast[8D] you will be suprised @ how much more you'll love them with camm gears & a dyno tune....fs/sct chip would'nt hurt either.
sorry i'm rambling on so much...congrats on the cams man...too cool[thumb]

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It ended up costing me, after my buddies mishap, 350 to get them installed. I dont recommend installing them yourself. Unless you have the proper tools and such.
A little pricy yes. But I cant wait until I get them to the dyno. The pickups in power are not drastic, but I feel the extra power when I get on the. Im gonna wait on the chip until I get the gears and a better aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i don't think you will see much from all that upgrading the fuel rail and injectors. You will benefit from your cam gears and tuning of those cams MORE than that fuel system. The stock injectors (19# i believe) will do just fine with what mods you have. Save your money and finish your cam mod, gears and tuning, let the cams do their job :) you'll benefit much more with those than the fuel system i believe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
yea man just finish up ur cam setup that would the best way then after a good timing then the extra gas flow would increase the hp and trq alot better

·
That Iowa Guy
6,147 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, did they just replace the old cams or did they replace the buckets too? So together with the install it was $350? That's not too bad, I might give it a try when I get some more $$...

·
Registered
783 Posts
It had to be more than 350 for the cams and install, is that really all it cost for bolth?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah I would think it would be a bit more expensive...not bad at all. You notice much of a difference in your engine/exhaust tone?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nitrozx3 said:
It had to be more than 350 for the cams and install, is that really all it cost for bolth?
Go re-read it. He clearly stated it was $350 for the INSTALL, not for both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts