Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i picked up my car yesterday from the shop. they put my borla on, but it doesnt sound loud, i hear the engine more then the exhaust, is that how is should be?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's supposed to be loud, he should still be able to hear the exhaust, even if is meant to be conservative.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i dont remember him saying he didnt hear it at all. he just said its not as loud. hks is the same way not very loud at all even when u really get on it, still pretty quiet inside the car.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah thats right BLK, you should hear the exhaust no matter what, I mean the stock exhaust can be heard so a new borla exhaust should definatly be heard. What other mods did you do to your car. Maybe the sound from your intake and so on is drowning out the sound of the exhaust or you might be mixing up the Two!!!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Alright, maybe I misunderstood.

The bottom line is that you should hear a low, conservative rumble coming from your car.

You can't expect the borla to scream in pain like a $35 fart can muffler.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah, custom stuff with like a new (hi flow) muffler will make it loud and drone and sound like ass.

exhaust is weird too though, u might start noticing it more next week rather than today because your expectations are playing with ur head.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It's true, it's weird how your mind can mess with you.

I recently came back from school for a vacation after not driving my car for over a month.

I had forgotten how that intake sounded, it was like I had installed it all over again and was enjoying the sound :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well when im behind my car, i can hear it, but it shoots out sum water ..umm wut up with that? n thats the only mod i have for now

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, if I got a Ford racing shorty header, FC high flow cat, and a intake, it would be louder?, and wut is up with the water spitting out of the tailpipe?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
u have water in ur fuel system or its just developing in the cat. the cat just cools down all the exhaust and changes some of the harmful fumes from combustion, its possible some h2o will develope. just to be safe, run some HEAT through your fuel system or iso heat. u can pick it up at any parts store. even wal mart

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
yea. i know what u mean fordfocuzdriver. i just got mine on also and its not real loud at all. its all good though. ive already gotten compliments on how it sounds. not one of those dayum ricers i hear at 3 in the mornin' peelin out of the neighborhood. idiots.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wait some time and do some long highway runs. Normally exhausts need to get warm severall times. Then they become louder and the sound will be deeper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts