Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the TSB powertrain software upgrade performed under warranty on my 2004 SVTF acouple weeks ago.

It makes a nice improvement, not just in the slight surging at steady state cruise, but it also reduces the throttle hang between shifts. Cold engine performance also seems to be better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also had this done to my car and i am very pleased with how it turned out as well. when i took it in the first time Ford could not fix it, they didnt seem to know what i was talking about, and i went to an SVT dealer. the morons wanted to take my tranny apart. When i brought TSBs in for that and a loose cat sheild they were finally willing to fix it, but i could not get my free rental until the next day, only because i called ford costumer service. Ford does not seem to be willing to take care of there costumers or take responsibility for the faults in their cars, and for that reason i have bought my last ford

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SVTBlk0479 said:
I also had this done to my car and i am very pleased with how it turned out as well. when i took it in the first time Ford could not fix it, they didnt seem to know what i was talking about, and i went to an SVT dealer. the morons wanted to take my tranny apart. When i brought TSBs in for that and a loose cat sheild they were finally willing to fix it, but i could not get my free rental until the next day, only because i called ford costumer service. Ford does not seem to be willing to take care of there costumers or take responsibility for the faults in their cars, and for that reason i have bought my last ford

I have a great SVT dealer service department who I really like. I took in a copy of the TSB that I got from this site.

I'm just happy they came out with the new software, I was thinking they wouldn't bother for such a low production car since it wasn't a safety issue or something like that.

Back to the service department experience, I have a Honda Civic too and I can not find any good Honda service departments. Everytime something needs to be repaired, they have to order parts and it takes about 4-7 days. I've been waiting now for more than a week for a "passenger side occupant sensor" because my Civics airbag light stays on. They also seem incapable of fixing my auto trans.

sorry for the rant

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I had heard about this before, I didn't know dealers we're actually doing it. Cool, but I'll stick with my custom tune.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Could one of you guys let me know where I can get a copy of this particular TSB? How about e-mailing me a copy. I have a Fax but am out of toner.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had my car at the dealer last week for brake work and had them check for a PCM upgrade but they said there was none available. What is the TSB number for this fix and also what is the new PCM code for the 04's?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is:

2004 SVT Focus

TSB 06-04-10 titled "Surge at Steady State Cruise 25-75 MPH"

Issue - Some 2004 Focus SVT may exibit a sensation of the engine surging.......

Action - Reprogram the powertrain control module to the latest calibration......

TSB dated Feb 21, 06.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79448&highlight=surging

What I did was told the service advisor that I had a Surge at Steady State Cruise at 45 MPH and then told him the number of the TSB.

They did the work under warranty, and it does improve things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts