Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got my SVTf today :D its a great little car. Just need to add me to the list of owners. 2002, Red. Only problem is the 6 disc just spins the cd, it sounds horrible, doesnt play cds. Also the stock sub is blown but no biggie i've already got another one. I'm happy to be part of the family of SVTf owners :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10,995 :\ but its my first car loan and i got a pretty damn good rate. Im not too concerned about the stereo and sub i was just going to replace them, yeah its my fault i didnt catch it earlier so i guess i screwed that one up.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Congrats. I hope you enjoy your car as much as I've enjoyed mine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats. I bought one last week and it has some problems I didn't notice at first. The leaking coolant being one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yea when I got mine I noticed things that where not right, I have owned a few Foci since 01 LOL. Live and learn

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think its the nature of the beast; next time I set out to buy a car, I'm bringing a physical list of things I want to check. I didnt remember to check on half the things I wanted to when I got my SVTf. I lucked out tho, all I missed was a small handfull of scuffs, on a CD Silver car they all but dissapear with wax.

Good buy, take care of it and it should treat you well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement :) My first upgrade if you can call it that is mud flaps, reason being is the roads where i live are pretty crappy, rocks and stuff on them a lot. I wanna get the SVT ones too :)

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Welcome to the club man!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
They make SVT mudflaps? If I see a picture that shows them done tastefully, I might think about it myself. Living on a dirt road is a pain, the car is only clean until I drive it the first time...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol, i dont live on a dirt road thankfully but the roads around town always have some gravel on them, every now and then, especially after winter. My boss told me its a good investment and i think it'd beef up the cars look a bit :) so i dunno, im gonna talk to ford and see what they can do. Pictures to come! it was dark when i got home so i couldnt take any. :)

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
seems that you overpaid for a 2002? $10,995 seems to be quite a bit. but probably decent if the milage was right. any warrenty? congratulations on your purchase though[thumb] great little car.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
darkproximity said:
My first upgrade if you can call it that is mud flaps...
I wanna get the SVT ones too :)
There aren't any custom/factory mudflaps for the SVTF. [:(]
This is the best I could come up with:
Finally, Splash Guards On My SVTF
OrangeSVTguy said:
seems that you overpaid for a 2002? $10,995 seems to be quite a bit.
Maybe not.
I really think we've been seeing a lot of signs lately that shows the value of these cars leveling off, and not dropping as much anymore.
Especially for low mileage cars in excellent/unmodded condition.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
seems that you overpaid for a 2002? $10,995 seems to be quite a bit. but probably decent if the milage was right. any warrenty? congratulations on your purchase though[thumb] great little car.
Naah Orange that's a good price.Especially if he has the winter package.

Future knows best Orange.[:D]

I paid 12350$ for an 02 with WP.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Future STV rider said:
Naah Orange that's a good price.Especially if he has the winter package.

Future knows best Orange.[:D]

I paid 12350$ for an 02 with WP.
:p I paid 13k w/ winter package, audiofile and moonroof....and this was 2 years ago when the car only had 12.5k miles ;)

But welcome to the group...and your name will be added to the list on the next update (probably this weekend) sorry it's taking so long to add you...but we've run into a couple snags with the list :p

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
If you like it then you didn't over pay.I'm tired of people saying that.I look at it like this the more people pay the more the value of mine goes up.

·
Supercharged
3,276 Posts
I think the rise in gas has caused 4 bangers to go up in value.

Welcome to the infrared club. [thumb]

Mine has mud flaps since my woman lives on a farm...[:(]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im tryin to find some good mudflaps but they dont make ones that say SVT :( saddens me. Thanks for the warm welcome though :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts