Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright peeps, im writing this because I didnt find the info I needed. And im a noob haha

My car is at 75000 km and it is time to get a tune up, i dont know how to do it and what is requiered to do by this “kmage”. If im wrong can someone please give me the link to see a HOW TO do the service maintenance ?

How hard is to do this?, I’ve never done it, this saturday my car is going to ford to be tuned up and checked.

I’d like to know how to do this so the next service i dont have to take it there, it must be a nice experience and something one should know in life :p

The car is a 2003 svtf

[popcorn] [wiggle]

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Well, 75km is not a ton of use, so you're still fairly early in the car's life. There are some things that might not be required for regular maintenance at this time, but I'd recommend because you just bought the car.

I'm not sure if you have parts stores in Mexico that sell "Lifetime Warranty" plug wires or not, but if you do then those are what you should purchase. If you can get these, the bonus is that the next time you want to change wires, you purchase a new set, and return the old set in the new box for your money back.

Here's what I'd recommend:
1) Spark plugs
2) Spark plug wires
3) Fuel filter
4) Air filter
5) Oil change- if the oil is a dark color, if light brown then keep checking it and when it turns darker, change it and start changing it every 6k-10k km.

The fuel filter, air filter, and spark plug wires are things you probably won't have to do again for a while.

Here's a list of regular maintenance:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84539
Here's our How-To Archive- remember the SVT engine is similar to the Zetec:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65218

Both of these are listed at the top of this Forum in the "Ford Focus Technical Chat Stickied Threads List". That is the very first thread at the top of this Forum.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much, about the wires, since i read a complete thread yesterday (03orangesvt's) i im buying Taylor wires soon :p, i just bought a new air filter like 4000 km ago, a k&n hehe, lets see how much i have to pay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts