Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Git it finally ... 10 weeks and it still needs to go back for the dealer installed remote start and to get some fingerprints removed from the @#[email protected]# white headliner in my black interior.

Put 130miles of twisties on it last night and I'd say I'm really happy with the handling on it. Pretty much like driving the Mustang around except for not having any power to use coming out of the corners.

Was a quick reminder that I've never really had a daily driver that's under 200hp, after a long string of V8s and 4cyl turbos.

MFT already irked me a couple times by forgetting my presets...but it appears 3rd time's the charm since it lost them twice yesterday, but still has the last set I programmed today. Otherwise it's as responsive as the navigation in the Mustang and pretty easy to use.

Only other complaint would be the cheap plastic overhead console, which seems completely out of place compared to the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Git it finally ... 10 weeks and it still needs to go back for the dealer installed remote start and to get some fingerprints removed from the @#[email protected]# white headliner in my black interior.

Put 130miles of twisties on it last night and I'd say I'm really happy with the handling on it. Pretty much like driving the Mustang around except for not having any power to use coming out of the corners.

Was a quick reminder that I've never really had a daily driver that's under 200hp, after a long string of V8s and 4cyl turbos.

MFT already irked me a couple times by forgetting my presets...but it appears 3rd time's the charm since it lost them twice yesterday, but still has the last set I programmed today. Otherwise it's as responsive as the navigation in the Mustang and pretty easy to use.

Only other complaint would be the cheap plastic overhead console, which seems completely out of place compared to the rest of the interior.
Very nice, I am having the issue a pressing the gas peddle to lightly use to the quick respond on my Mustang. So far loving my Focus I have 150 miles on it now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Someone likes blue. [thumb] Looks nice!

·
Registered
683 Posts
You have a couple sweet cars there! Congratulations on the newest arrival.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The more I look at this blue, the more I wish I would of chosen this over the "new" black.... Looks great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not that I like Blue as much as it is that I don't like yellow or red, love Black but won't daily drive Black, white & grey put me to sleep ... only left Blue for both the Mustang and the Focus. I would have preferred a dark metallic Green and put up with having to wash it more often if I had the choice.

The MFT is still confusing me a little with the presets ... I'm going to have to RTFM soon. It doesn't forget them, but it's like there's two different sets of presets stored and it randomly decides which set to give me each time I start it.

The guy I carpool with seemed happy with the softer suspension compared to the Mustang allowing him to sleep on the way to work again like my 2005 Mustang let him.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the guy i carpool with seemed happy with the softer suspension compared to the mustang allowing him to sleep on the way to work again like my 2005 mustang let him.
[histerical] too funny. I have a 95 that I used to daily drive. people (other than gear heads) hated it because I had lowering springs and koni shocks that were locked down in race mode. a true kidney buster but damn it is fun on the street. No sleeping in it either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts