Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the foci back today. The slave cylinder, and front pads and rotors were done. I had them put synthetic gear oil in it and it came to $642. Which is actually pretty good. But if I let the car sit for a little while and I get back in it, the clutch pedal feels like it has a lot of play in it and it grabs right at the floor. After I pump it up a few times it returns to normal. Did he not bleed it fully? Or is that the new slave cylinder just re adjusting the clutch?

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
If it didn't do it before then I bet on air still in it. Any self adjusting should have happened in the first few times the pedal was pushed.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Don't go straight to bleeding, that's how this mess started.

Have you checked for a return spring on the clutch pedal yet?

If that isn't there & the master cyl. is less than perfect it can drop down while sitting.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just replaced the master cylinder. And I put the return spring in when I did that. Maybe ill just drop it back off to hime

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm tempted to just bled it marked but last time I did that, the bleeder valve broke off and that's how all this started. I will admit though, it was totally my fault. I tightened up the valve and then I thought, "Der, maybe I should tighten it more. Uhdoy", so I gave it another crank, and bam!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts