Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after 5 mos. I finally put my TB on yesterday, and we share a love/hate relationship. I put some gas in and off on a testdrive. Granted I only put $10 of premium gas. I pulled up on some girls in a GT mustang, and they started revving on me. I could not let this stand, it was on. We took off even although the gas being so touchy I almost stalled. We stayed even through 1st, in 2nd I started pulling and in 3rd I was up by more than half a car. All the way upto 4th and she finally gave up, I took her by a car length, but as I was slowing my gas light came on and was at E. I staggered back to the gas station and as soon as I stopped my the pump my gauge went to mid between E and 1/4. Is that normal with this mod, or product of racing?

·
Registered
93 Posts
with a small amount of fuel in the tank, and you getting all loose out there on the streets, it probably sloshed everything around enough to where your sender back there wasn't reading right. it also happens under hard cornering and going up and down steep hills. when you quit being all fast and furious and your gas stopped sloshing about, it read right again.

on my vw's, taking an exit ramp at speed with anything less than a quarter tank causes the car to buck and stutter because the feul in the tank has sloshed away from the pump pickup.

lucas.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No way..I'm calling BS.Girl or not behind the wheel of a GT stick Mustang,you're toast.Even my Grandma could beat a mildly modded Foci with a stick GT Mustang.(Unless granny was up against one of John Forces daughters[:)~] )

·
Registered
170 Posts
Besides the fact I have two Zetec MTX modded Foci and a few Mustangs,gee,I don't know.Never said that ALL Foci are slow.What I DO know is all Mustang gt's (with sticks) are faster than most Foci,even lightly modded,although modded SVT's might be close..You got a blower or something that makes you think you can stay with a V-8 mustang light to light?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
breakaway said:
Besides the fact I have two Zetec MTX modded Foci and a few Mustangs,gee,I don't know.Never said that ALL Foci are slow.What I DO know is all Mustang gt's (with sticks) are faster than most Foci,even lightly modded,although modded SVT's might be close..You got a blower or something that makes you think you can stay with a V-8 mustang light to light?
whoa now calm down with all that. my car doesnt have any form of FI or n20 and i know i could. there is no telling what this guy has done to his car. although i will say if he bogged the launch then the girl must really suck. but still.

btw he didnt mention what year model "gt mustang" it was. i used to own an old fox body 5.0 mustang is it was considerably slowing than my focus.

·
Registered
381 Posts
94-99 mustangs coups 5sp run in the high 14's-low 15's, if it was a convertible and an auto it would have been a close race

·
Registered
93 Posts
i had a fox body mustang until quite recently, and it had very little done to it. an intake (manifold), headers, and an h-pipe back to flowmasters. i can honestly say that while it wasn't a supercar by any stretch of the imagination, i never once got smoked by a minivan who was unaware of my prescence, like i did last weekend in my focus. it ran in the 14's. and it had enough power to scare the heck out of me, which i have yet to experience in any focus.

however, early fox body GT's were really, really restricted by 80's emissions and MPG requirements. extremely underpowered cars, even the eight cylinder cars.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ihonestly don't believe she had a 5 spd. If she did I'm with gump1114 sayin that she couldn't drive. I just don't understand how anyone can doubt someone they met!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I assumed she had a stick as she was "revvin on you".Yea,you can dump an auto into park or slip it into neutral to..uh..play zoom-zoom..but most auto drivers don't.She must have been checking you out.[thumb] [thumb] I still stand by my statement about Mustang GT's vs Foci;you are gonna loose unless your Focus is an SVT or FI, OR the driver of the 'Stang is [sleeping]

·
Registered
789 Posts
^^ i agree with you 100%. there is no way you could've beat a GT unless the driver suck or was just f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing with you. i've got more than just an intake, cam gears, and a tb and i only beat v6's by about a car and a half. and yes i know how to drive very well if you are wondering

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
focusfreak03 said:
^^ i agree with you 100%. there is no way you could've beat a GT unless the driver suck or was just f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing with you. i've got more than just an intake, cam gears, and a tb and i only beat v6's by about a car and a half. and yes i know how to drive very well if you are wondering

bwahahaha i have to completely disregard that comment because you claim to be a good driver, yet your best time is a 16.8... hahahaha

·
Registered
789 Posts
^well when you are at higher altitudes the times go up due to the oxygen concentration that is pulled into your engine. besides you are at low altitude and have a lot more done to your engine than i do so get off my back

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i'll give you the altitude thing, i know how that works. i just didnt look to see where you were from. but when i had less than you i WAS running faster than you... oh and just because you have high altitude doesnt mean you cant get less than a 2.4 60', that somes with some skill.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i'll admit that my reaction time needs to be worked on but that was the first and only time i have been this season, since the track opened, since last early september so i was a little rusty. if i put my reaction times that i was running at the end of last year, a consistant .019-.15 then my 60' times would have been better thus resultin in better 1/4 mi. i was just a little rusty and i haven't had time or money to get back out to the track since then due to work and vacation. we only have about another month and a half to two months left until they close the tracks up here and i'm getting eye surgery between now and then so i don't see myself getting out to the track anytime before next season to put up some new #s

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't what anybody says. We can speculate all day. It was a girl, she couldn't drive. Had GT emblems on a v6. All I kno is that I beat her. I couldn't believe it myself. And parts don't mean a thing, its all about who can use what they have. EX: my buddy mike has a srt-4, he runs 14.4 at the track. My other buddy gabe has a srt-4, he drove mikes car and ran 13.9. Same car different drivers different times.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you. It wasn't about the "kill" it was about the the change in mpg with a bigger TB. if it make you mustangs feel better i'll find a GT race em' and post my results for you all to see.

·
Registered
381 Posts
^^ i agree with you 100%. there is no way you could've beat a GT unless the driver suck or was just fing with you. i've got more than just an intake, cam gears, and a tb and i only beat v6's by about a car and a half. and yes i know how to drive very well if you are wondering
v6 mustangs run 16.5, thats about as fast as a stock focus. I dont know why you cant beat them by more then a car and a half if you have more mods that that.

·
Registered
789 Posts
the last time i went against a v6 was went i was down in TX and we went from a stop light. my tires weren't the greatest, they almost looked like slicks with very tiny grooves in them, and slipped a little and he got the jump on me by about a car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts