xcal2 tuning -3 retard on the timing
zex 55shot of nitrous
dynojet numbers are listed in the right hand corner
car is a atx

[?|]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Why the disappointment? Looks pretty good to me. 55 shot doesnt mean take what you would dyno and add 55. You probably got an extra 30-35 out of the spray, which is just about right. Looks like pretty good numbers to me. [???:)]

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i was hoping for more considering i had lanting there with me and his mtx same mods dynoed @ 10 less hp than me
my torque curve is much happier than his but still

power without the zex is 117hp and 133 tq

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Doesnt look that bad to me especially being a auto.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Your right in the neighborhood where you should be.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well then i guess a p&p head is in order, along with a tq convt maybe help get a lil more power to the ground

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks fine to me for an ATX. I baselined a 03 Auto car at a whopping 98fwhp! Add 55 to that and you have 153. Sounds good to me :) I think people just don't realize how lame the stock car is with the ATX.

Jersey

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
yeah unfortunately he didnt just throw on a 55 shot and call it a day...hes got a lot of work into his car.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
It shows that Aaron puts a lot of work into the car...

Maybe time for a Lentech and a 75 or 100 shot?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Why waste time and money on Nitrous. A 2000 ZX3 is bound to have either a turbo or SC for it that will make more constant power. Did you try changing the retard on your timing as well?
Were you hoping around the 200hp range??

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
Why waste time and money on Nitrous. A 2000 ZX3 is bound to have either a turbo or SC for it that will make more constant power. Did you try changing the retard on your timing as well?
Were you hoping around the 200hp range??
Not money wasted at all, for his car it is perfect. He has an auto, you don't want to go goofy on auto. There is nothing wrong with Nitrous kust as there is nothing wrong with a turbo/sc or NA build, it is to the owners discretion.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
im with ya man. ive got an atx focus as well and had it dynoed at 120hp and 127tq. thats when i realized, im not gonna get much outta this thing. thats why ive called it quits on performance mods 'cept a tune. i love this car but its no powerhouse. im with tdkaye1. i drive a focus cause i cant afford an evo. lol!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goat Roper said:
Not money wasted at all, for his car it is perfect. He has an auto, you don't want to go goofy on auto. There is nothing wrong with Nitrous kust as there is nothing wrong with a turbo/sc or NA build, it is to the owners discretion.
yah im not sure on what im going to do next but i think the tranny can be fine with a p&phead and the occasional nitrous shot, i may do that or buy a pwerks and use the nitrous as a n-tercooler, we well see when money comes around
timing is retarded -3 btw
funny thing the street tune with advanced timing made less power than the nitrous tune with -3

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
lol @ please don't blow up.

Those are nice numbers. I am in the automagic also, and nitrous is a perfect way to go for us.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
you're complaining about 133tq??? lol Those are great numbers. If you pnp the head, probably want to raise compression as well. It will compliment the cams.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Goat Roper said:
True it's discretion. I guess that's why I view nitrous as a whole, no matter the car, as a waste.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Those are great numbers Aaron! What shop did you go to and did you think they did a good job? When I went to Logan Motorsports, I got 122.5WHP and 137.1WTQ. We also have nearly the same mods too, so it sounds about right. Those numbers with the nitrous look yummy, I can't wait to go against you at the track again [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tdkaye1 said:
True it's discretion. I guess that's why I view nitrous as a whole, no matter the car, as a waste.
i guess im failing to see how an extra 35hp and 30 tq on demand is a waste[rolleyes]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts