Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some fender and bumper damage last night being hit by a old man leaving the bar next to my work. I will need a front bumper, drivers side headlight, and a fender. I'm guessing my insurance will cut a check and let me handle it how I want. If that's the case I'll just swap to the newer SES stuff.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That sucks, but you make a good point with making the SES swap now. Was it you leaving the bar, or the old man? Or, both of you?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Bummer Slick, estimates time.

If you do go with a shop, most will swap parts to what you want if you pick up the tab for any price difference.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Might as well try and scoop up the SES Bumper along with the Black Chrome headlights
Haha I know he won't go for the black headlights. That conversation has been had before. Hahaha

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a wrecked coupe about an hour from me with everything. I may go to the dark chrome, but colored is right, I like the chrome ones, especially on the red. Plus my neighbor has a matching color coupe, can't match him too much, he already makes me look like an ass with his loud ass exhaust, which is a shame because my full bolt on car still sounds stock.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have State Farm insurance and a girl pulled out in front of me back in Sept/Oct. It busted my car up pretty good.. headlight, core support, bumper support, bumper cover, fog light and bracket, inner fender wells, grille, PSM, hood etc. Id post pics but they are not on this computer.

I turned it in on my insurance so they could fight Progressive for me and I had very little say in anything. I did get to take it to the body shop I wanted and they ordered all the parts based off of my vin#.

I was just lucky that it broke a clip on my passenger side head light which allowed me to argue about getting two new lights or I would have ended up with only ONE new headlamp. They only replace what is required... I still have one fog light with 120,000 miles worth of wear on it.

It wasnt damaged so they wouldnt replace it. Total bill was $4500.00.

On the flip side, the car looks amazing and I got to keep both old headlights too. =)

Never the less, head up man, it will be fixed!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think my insurance will give a quote to get it fixed and then cut me a check for it. I have geico, I'm at least planning it that way. If it happens that way I'm going to buy a used headlight, and get the coupe bumper and have a friend do all the work. Nothing under the body is damaged. Just the fender bumper and headlight.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hey Wiily, also see what you can get the rear ses bumper for too.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to try and get all the parts off the 09 coupe just depending on price, the front one is more important to me.
Then my tire blew the next day on my trip down to get my girlfriends car fixed

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thats no good. What kind of tires are those?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those were Dunlop, yeah shitter end of tires, it was nearly new though, maybe 1000 miles on it. I took it back to the place and they refunded my money for both tires and gave me a good condition used set of Nexen M3000 for free so I can't complain too much. The fronts are 235/45/17 and the rear are Michalin sports 225/50/17

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hey thats a awesome service, Will. How come the 225x 50's?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FRRPs are really not low enough springs and the wheel gap drives me crazy. This way I get curb protection, no wheel gap, great ride and I don't look like a puny little car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts