Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to tear apart my spare engine to see what all was damage. (It was hydrolocked)
Where the hell did everything go???

There it is!!!

MONEY SHOT!!!

And another!!!

So the rod didn't just bend it actually twisted when it came to a screeching halt. But other than that everything looks good other than a little bit of rust. Next step. 200+WHP off spray, 300+WHP on spray.[hihi] [burnout]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lol thats nuts! It really did just twist. Not just bent. Crazy stuff. (great now we are going to get a ton of threads about fear of hydrolock with CAI's in the winter.... Thanks MM......)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Who cares about the hydrolocking! I would love to say "spare 2.3"!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
did you dip the front end of your car in water and rev it or now get stuck in there? Ive never hydrolocked before and ive driven in some serious rain b4 where my ITG filter was soaking wet, weird..

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
cant you just hammer out the bend on the rod and wipe off the rust then you have a brand new 2.3...lol j/k

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, how DID you hydrolock so badly? what did you do man?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh, ok, didnt think of that.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
still curious tho. was it someone from here MM?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Do you have the valve cover and would perhaps be interested in selling it?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You don't have one? I thought we all did. I do.
No, not yet, maybe after the kid is born. I was going to get one for a beefed up NA build, but now I might be going the turbo route and sell off all my Cossie parts. I was pissed when all the mustangs took off on me in the straights when I held them off in the turns.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
holy crap man, you just did all that work! and you are still gonna do the UDP! after all that money, youd go back to turbo??

dibs on ur current stuff!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not sure yet. I would keep the IM, but the rest would go. I still have stage 2 cranes and cfm UD pullies new in the boxes.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i have half a spare 2.3L, just the head for me. lol i need to find a 2.0 spare block.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know the previous owner and he was driving through a large puddle and was actually on his way out when a truck that was driving by created a wave and it submerged the whole filter.

cant you just hammer out the bend on the rod and wipe off the rust then you have a brand new 2.3...lol j/k
Or I could just get brand new 2.3 rods and pistons from FocusSport for 160 bucks.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
I know the previous owner and he was driving through a large puddle and was actually on his way out when a truck that was driving by created a wave and it submerged the whole filter.

Or I could just get brand new 2.3 rods and pistons from FocusSport for 160 bucks.
Man, what was that guy thinking, going thru something like that??? MAN!

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IDK. Maybe he will pop into here and give you a answer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts