Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored sitting at home today so I decided to finally fix the plastics under the hood to match the car (First try didnt turn out so hot). DupliColor Perfect Match came through for me. I went with some high heat primer base, the SB perfect match, then high heat clear on top. That should keep it from peeling with the engine heat. So without further adue.....

Before:

After:

I think it looks much better than the first go at the blue. Since it actually matches now and everything [giddy]. Next step is get rid of the header heat shield and wrap the header. And a new intake.

Thanks for looking!
Joel

Thanks for looking.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
well looks good.. im just not a fan of the green with teh blue....
def good work tho!

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I love it! Looks great. I like the decal too.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I like, now paint the heat shield black!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Blue with green looks kinda cool!

If you're wrapping the header, you should ditch the hood liner.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Thats awesome!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice work, looks like it is coming along,[thumb] Wish I could buy Dupli-Color Paint for my car[:(!].. They and no one makes it[???:)] I have to have it custom mixed $67 a can [bigcry]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks pretty cool, needs some more green under there to balance it out some. Maybe green silicone hoses and green wiring. Or the air box if you are going to keep it on there. I like the hood prop though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks pretty cool, needs some more green under there to balance it out some. Maybe green silicone hoses and green wiring. Or the air box if you are going to keep it on there. I like the hood prop though.
I was gonna do the air box green but I am eventually getting a new intake. So I was thinking of making that the lime green tube. Im trying to think of some other little things to make lime green.

My new suspension parts will be powdercoated lime green. But I cant get those until next year.... Slow progress but she is coming along.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Looking good, Joel. I have my old SRI that's painted sonic blue for sale if you want it. Just need an air filter.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I like it

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I like this more matched blue than your other blue you had.

Nice job with the spray.

-Ray-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts