Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all, last night i headed home from work... there was a twisty road in the back of work, probably like a mile of it or so.... i was at the 4way stop and out of now where a white 98-01 prelude SH came up and stopped right next to me... he revved and i couldnt hear anything, sounded stock and looks stock... so i figured let's run, we got the S curves up ahead... i guess i was kinda cocky, so we gassed it and he launched first... well we were at around 70ish or so then hit the turns, somehow i'm right at his tail, then the straight came along and he flew about 2 car lengths ahead from me!! then we hit the S turn and to my shock he never slowed down!! i looked at my gauge and i was at 70 or so with my wheels screechin running the S... i was scared as hell, and i lost big time.... all i can say is that driver of the prelude SH must of been a pretty experience driver to push it that hard on the turns.....

I REALIZED, I SUCK AT RACING!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
no worries man. those cars are pretty quick....kinda dissapointing for 200 hp...but quick none the less. didnt know they could hang the turns so well.

in a straight line it definitely would be a close call if the drivers were on par with each other

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Also, he may have had stickier tires.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Exactly what is a Prelude "SH"?
There's one I've AutoCrossed against several times, and I'm now thinking I know why he had SHSHSH on his license plate.

No worries though.
I've consistently beat him by a 2-4 second margin (0:50 - 1:30 time course) at each event. [:D]
AFAIK, he's got springs/sways and R-compounds. Not sure about engine mods.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
SH stands for "Super Handling". It has a rear-stear system kinda like the Nissan Super-HICAS system. There's a little clutch pack off the tranny that drives it, and when you get to a certain level it engages. Feels REAL weird if you're not expecting it, but if you know what you are doing it can really help to quell understeer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
daaaang...... i didnt know SH stand for super handling... are u just joking, it sounds weird... so i guess that's why i lost, because of the power and handling of that preludeSH...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yes, it really does stand for Super Handling. Haven't you heard some of the goofy a$$ car and option names they give for cars in Japan? Especially in the aftermarket, "Super Angry Godzilla" bodykits, etc etc.

The H22 engine in the 'Lude is one of Honda's best, very torquey.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Thanks for the info, Carrera26^^^
At least now I know what I'm up against, and feel even better that I've beaten them (2 driver car) every time.[:D]
Something tells me though, one of these days they'll learn how to drive it, and I'll be hosed.[:(]
While I'm sure the R compound Hoosiers are helping their cause, I do believe that rear steer is hurting them.
They've both spun out a number of times.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
There's a prelude around town that looks mean. Lowered, and I saw an FMIC so hes gotta be boosted! [eek]

I've met him twice around the same roads at night, but I don't push it too much maybe about 55-60 cuz I know he'll kick my ass! [eek]

On a better note, I almost ate a Celica SS with exhaust around some twisties and almost killed him at the roundabout, and he was pushing it.! [nutkick]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts