Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought a turbo and it came with what i thought was just a o2 sensor in the exhaust houseing,,this came from a 95 model eclipse...i think what it is is a wideband sensor and not a o2 sensor,,,,o2 sensors have one wire for the narrowband obd1 system....this has 4 wires and came off a turbo charged car so im thinking its a wideband and someone just cut it off from the gauge it was hooked to,...is there a way to wire it to my digital gauge? its got 4 wires on it,,,blue,white and two black wires...any ideas??

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres some pics of the turbo with it mounted in there

and the wires are pretty long,, most o2 sensors have a plug not to far from the sensor where it hooks up,,these are around 4 ft long before it was cut

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
a 4 wire o2 sensor is just a heated o2 sensor. 2 wires are for the heater the other 2 are for the o2 sensor itself, one being a ground the other the signal. a one wire is just a non heated o2 sensor that uses the exhaust system itself as its ground and only has a signal wire. that is where the factory o2 is on the eclipse i believe so i doubt it would be a wide band.

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well how can i tell the difference? this was a turbo'd car so maybe the owner had a wideband on it,,and what about the fact that factory o2 sensors have a plug usually less then 1 ft away from the sensor,,,and this one has about 4 ft of wire on it

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hard to say because you can buy 4 wire 02 sensors with longer wire harness'. But I think widebands have more wires than 4.

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i just looked it up and it shows the same o2 sensor as being a stock one,,white,blue and two black wires,,,how does a wideband differ from a stock o2 sensor,,cant wire it to the narrow band digital gauge and it read correctly?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
my wideband has 6 wires

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Wont work, a narrowband wouldnt even know what the other wires are for.

My wideband has 6 wires...too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts