Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that you can set your on/off switch to a true on/off and lose that bog at low rpm's even if you have it switched off. Is this true? How? Got the part?[scratch]

·
Registered
809 Posts
tune from tom = bog gone forever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flash to turn off track control???

Dont know who Tom is. I read about a flash tuner on this sights thread...but cant find it.

Rangers Lead The Way!
"B"co 3/75th

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
you can pull the #46 fuse to disable it but then you wont have your abs working.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Dont know who Tom is. I read about a flash tuner on this sights thread...but cant find it.
Click here. A search in the SVT Performance Chat area for "Diablo Predator" turned up 186 results. Have fun. [:)~]

·
Registered
191 Posts
tom cant always disable tc turning off only works at speeds over25 i pull the fuse at the track but i dont do it to long cause it jacks with ur abs

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
abs is over rated anyway.
I guess you've never had to really stop in a hurry? I pulled the fuse for an autocross before I got Tom's tune and when I would have to stab the brakes the rear brakes would lock up and she would become a little happy and I'd lose time...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
reguardless of abs if your cruisin down the road at 60 mph and you top a hill with a car in the middle of the road out of gas just on the other side, if you slam on brakes all of your tires are going to lock up and slide and your going to smash dead into the car. abs does not completely stop the wheels from locking. i was also just being sarcastic about the last comment, but just so you know...

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Never use the kill switch while driving on roads. It's not safe. Yeah you loose your ABS in the process but you also loose your brake biasing so it get a 50/50 front/rear/side. So your rears will lock causing you to likely spin out. Also your since the fronts don't grab as hard, the nose of the car won't dive causing braking to be less efficient. Really the only use for using a kill switch is just for lighting up your tires [;)]

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
reguardless of abs if your cruisin down the road at 60 mph and you top a hill with a car in the middle of the road out of gas just on the other side, if you slam on brakes all of your tires are going to lock up and slide and your going to smash dead into the car. abs does not completely stop the wheels from locking. i was also just being sarcastic about the last comment, but just so you know...
I've been in similar situations where I've had to jump on the breaks hard from 45 - 50 and the abs definitely kicked in and kept the brakes from locking up...

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I am going to have to respectfully completely disagree with about every word in this statement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts