Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i got my zx3 the check engine light was on and they changed the plugs and wires. They said that the light went off. Then about a month later the light came back on. I didnt notice any problem with the car and the light has been on now for about a year and a half. Its starting to annoy me. Over the winter i had it freeze up on me.oops! I had to take the exhaust manifold off and i noticed that there was a ball of stuff just laying there so i broke up all of it and dumped it out. so i had it put on the computer today and it said catalyst efficiency below threshold ( bank 1) does anybody know what this means?Thx

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, that could be the innards of you cat. If that system failed then it would trip off your CEL.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Could be a dead/ plugged cat converter. Hey, now's a good excuse to get a race header! :)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Do you have a shorty header on now ??? They have been known to eat up a cat...Sounds like a long tube svt header from Mcnews is in order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i just have the converter on there but it is hollowed out. im trying to save money to get a race header but money's tight.thanx for your replys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts