Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got Progress Rear Sway bar from New Edge today. I plan to install it this weekend. It comes with instructions, fortunately.. but i wanted to know how hard for me to install it? how many mm of wrench to remove the bolts on the sway bar? (my car came with the rear sway! yay)...

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oo it also come with bushings and all that.. just ready to install.. just need to know how hard it is and what kind of wrench i use and all that.

·
Registered
891 Posts
its real easy. jack the car up and have at it. i used closed ended wrenches and some sockets. if you got the rachet wrenches, i would use them.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got them in today, but do i have to reuse the OEM brackets (the black ones) or is it still good? i am afraid that the steel brackets that came with the sway bar wont hold that long..?

·
Banned
589 Posts
You are supposed to install the stock brackets over the steel progress brackets. At least I think thats what my instructions said, lol... It was a tight fit between the 2 brackets but its solid as a rock now.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yup.

Its normally a really easy install. Half hour tops. But thats assuming nothing is rusted solid. 13mm or 15mm bolts hold the bar in (I forget what size the factory endlinks are, maybe 10mm or 13mm)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
man that's a clean underside LOL... mine is RUST

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, looks like i will just have the OEM brackets installed later when i have time. (i tried to put the OEM brackets back on, but it doesnt fit. so looks like the chrome ones will remain for time being til i finds a way to bend the OEM brackets a little bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts