Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little bored tonight and decided to take some pics of my car
Ive got wheels exhuast and tint
I was playing with flash and what not so if it looks funny or out of focus sry hahaha

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
A little tip for night photog.. never use the on-camera flash. It always looks weird. Just set a long enough exposure (if your camera has that ability) and take in as much natural lighting as you can.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
wheels look good. are you running 8000K?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips and im running 6ks in the lows and fogs and 8ks in his

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
im running 6ks in the lows and fogs and 8ks in his
Oh I assume you had your Hi's in that 2nd to last photo.

You may get flamed on for having HIDs in a halogen reflector by other members but have you considered doing a retrofit? I know they dont have any Aftermarket projectors for your 3rd gen yet. Here is my retrofit that I've done about 3 months ago and I love them!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I may do that but would probably need some help with cause I want to eventually get projectors and yes that pic is the hi's

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You can always get EDM headlights from Germany. They get HID options over there. Lucky bastards

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I've looked into that but I would rather not spend 600 or more for a pair lights I'll just wait for something to come out in the us

·
Registered
744 Posts
people flame because there jealous.. i think those highs look good.. car looks really good! once some good dampers and springs come out and your car is good

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I can't wait for a full suspension system to come out the car is gonna look so good in my opinion..then its time for engine upgrades to smoke people haha

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
people flame because there jealous..
[facepalm] We flame because it's improper and makes you look cheap. HID Projector Retrofitting has gotten so freakin easy over the past year or so, yet people still go for cheap kits. You don't even need to cut the reflector bowls anymore!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
He's correct. Projector hids are getting easier to install now. My retrofit was almost drop in. I just had to shave off some of the reflector bowl to fit it. It may cost the same price as buying cheap aftermarket projector lights but the outcome far exceeds anything else under $400.

I used to have HIDs in reflector housing and aimed them real low. To be honest, halogens had more usable light than HIDs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts