Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I found a great deal on a ST2 2013 with 18k miles - the only downside is that I wanted some features found on the ST3 (heated mirrors is one of them as well as HID headlamps)

I live in Southern California and by the beach sometimes you get frost. One thing I love about my 2008 SES is that I have the heated mirrors.

The dealership is offering me a great deal I think, $19k plus tax/tags on a 18k 2013 ST2 with moonroof and navigation. (MSRP was $28.5k and manufactured on 09/2012).

Are there any swappable parts on the ST2 that I can get on ebay to get some ST3 features? Thanks [:D]

·
Registered
763 Posts
The cheapest things would probably be ambient lighting and repo st3 projector lights.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cheapest things would probably be ambient lighting and repo st3 projector lights.
Do the ST3 projector lights need any kind of special wiring? I thought that the stock Xenon HID lamps moved in the direction of the turn (wheel)

Thanks!

ps: I bought the ST2 today :)

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
The stock ones are not plug and play for the regular headlights, not to mention they cost over a grand per assembly. You'd spend 3.5-5k for oem, compared to 3-500 for aftermarket. I bought the repo st3 lights. The cornering lights stay on and they have an led in them. Haven't installed the hids yet because I'm negotiating for a st3 for myself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock ones are not plug and play for the regular headlights, not to mention they cost over a grand per assembly. You'd spend 3.5-5k for oem, compared to 3-500 for aftermarket. I bought the repo st3 lights. The cornering lights stay on and they have an led in them. Haven't installed the hids yet because I'm negotiating for a st3 for myself.
thanks for your input, good luck on your ST3 purchase [cheers]

·
Registered
763 Posts
thanks for your input, good luck on your ST3 purchase [cheers]
Thanks. Currently haggling over the trade in. They hit me with a lowball and I countered. Congrats on your ST2 btw. I love the torque the ST has. Even with out getting into boost it feels stronger than my SE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts