Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cpmaverick.com/Misc/Focus

Specs: 2004 Focus ZX3

Total stripper hatch, rollup windows, manual locks. Should be around/less than 2600 lbs.

2.3L 'big block' , [joke] . They don't offer this in the hatch anymore, which is a shame because it moves pretty quick! Lots of torque.

5-speed manual

59,000 miles

Gets 34 MPG

Bought it for $6100 cash... future plans are a better shifter (stock is terrible), real wheels after these tires are worn out (probably some factory SVT 6-spokes), and the SVT Focus suspension/brakes. Probably do the shifter as soon as I sell my other car but the rest might be awhile.

Should make a nice little versatile car for the commute and auto-x.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.cpmaverick.com/Misc/Image041.jpg

Short story- 1970 Maverick Grabber, 1987 Mustang 5.0L (carb'd), B303 cam, ported heads, about 300 HP, 1995 Cobra 5-speed, 1977 Versailles 9" rear w/discs, 1980 Granada front disc brakes, 1971 Mustang seats, did all the work myself (with a lot of help from my Dad back in the day ;) ) [email protected] last time to the track (years ago)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea eventually the wheel covers will go, but it's not the end of the world to have them for awhile. It's a commuter car first and foremost, but I'd like to make it look a little nicer... eventually.

·
Rebecca
18,758 Posts
I'm all for saving money. Stock wheels make for good winter tires or until they just wear out.

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
Well, they only offered that motor in the hatch for 2 years. It's the sleeper.

Get ready for sticker shock on aftermarket parts though.

I wish I lived close to a green state or in a green state so I could get an old PZEV ATX car for draggin. Not that I could afford one right now, mind you.

[welcome] to FF!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Not bad at all. Should be a nice tossable car. My old focus was a bare bones model (a/c being the only option). I didn't know that there 00-04 zx3's that didn't come with alloys from the factory. Interesting. (the hubcaps look stock)
Then again, during 00-04, I didn't live in a green state. I do now - my 07 is a PZEV model - well PA is a "border state" - so most of the fords here are green.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

Out of curiosity did you CarFax the Focus before buying it? All ZX3s come standard with fog lamps, and the bumper used on that one is from an entry level sedan (without fog lamps). I don't know why the previous owner would've wanted to make that sort of downgrade, which is why I'm questioning it.

The wheel covers are also from the '05-'07 generation of Focus. But that might've just been the original owner's preference (which I find hard to believe too). But that's also definitely not stock. If its history comes out clean and you're already planning on your own mods I guess it doesn't matter though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Out of curiosity did you CarFax the Focus before buying it? All ZX3s come standard with fog lamps, and the bumper used on that one is from an entry level sedan (without fog lamps). I don't know why the previous owner would've wanted to make that sort of downgrade, which is why I'm questioning it.
I have seen some ZX3 and ZX5's without foglights, so it's not a standard option

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Can someone verify that? I seem to recall fog lights being standard on all ZX3/ZX5 '00-'04 model Focus. I'm almost 100% positive about that. They only became optional for the ZX3/ZX5 '05-'07 models, with the introduction of the S/SE/SES classes.

Now that I think about it further, the previous owner could've just had an aftermarket bumper and rims installed. That would explain it. They probably sold 'em on eBay and then decided to repurchase non-stock ones when he/she wanted to sell it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts