Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a low tire today in my daily walk-around. Lucky I was at home in the driveway. But this fix could be done anywhere, as long as you have an air supply.

A few months ago I bought a new tire plug tool.... It's called a Dynaplug. This is the first time I had a chance to try it out. So easy......actually lives up to the ads. I've done this job hundreds of times in my life. This was a piece of cake.

Some people bad-mouth this type of tire repair.....never had a problem. I didn't take the wheel off, and didn't even get my hands dirty. I'm carrying one of these tools with me from now on. [thumb]

·
Registered
917 Posts
That looks really cool. I just had a flat also, it cost 15 dollars at the local tire store for a patch installed. Plus, I had to remove the tire and take it in. Every motorcycle rider should have one (unless you have tube tires, like me [scratch] )

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Guess I didn't realize that basically threading a needle was so hard [screwy]

Neat product though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I keep a tire repair kit and a small cigarette lighter air compressor in my emergency tool kit.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The standard cheap plug kit uses a "T" handled reamer, and a "T" handled needle-like device. The problem comes when the nail hole is in the deepest part of the thread. The "T" devices are just too small, and too light weight to use properly. They bend, and you need powerful hands to get the plug in through the thread.

This Dynaplug device has a big handle with no tendency to bend. The handle holds extra plugs....bought the thing at Walmart. Inserting the plug into the handle was a little tricky the first try.....follow the directions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.